Ideas for Better/More Engaging WoT events

Optional Features

Ideas for Better/More Engaging WoT events

#1 Post by Optional Features » 22 Feb 2023 23:48

I'm starting this thread as someone who doesn't participate in WoT currently, but would if the events fit my fancy.

Some ideas I have:

Knockoff sporting events and tradeshows. The game has a number of unused stadiums and convention centers which irl have events that generate business for truckers. These facilities could be used as a delivery point for food, merchandise, equipment and more. ConExpo and MinExpo are two in particular that I'd like to see, but there are many others.

National park cargo. A load of bison, a basket for a ski lift, a snowblower, etc. The national parks are currently drivethrough scenery, but they could be another source of WoT specialized cargo.

Something to do with containers. When a ship arrives in port, it has to be unloaded and reloaded for its next location. A flood of container cargo every once in a while would add some importance to the in game ports. In Mp, it could be fun maneuvering amongst the many obstacles.

Road repairs/building demolition. The Cali reworks and the unfinished Texas road construction could be another WoT event. When the event is complete, the next phase of the project should be revealed.

What else could be added to the lineup to encourage community participation in accordance with the game's theme?
Grizzly

Re: Ideas for Better/More Engaging WoT events

#2 Post by Grizzly » 23 Feb 2023 01:52

Couple of minor changes:

Use of owned trailers.

Lift or remove the 65mph limit.
Optional Features

#3 Post by Optional Features » 24 Feb 2023 07:46

We don't have Florida yet (and won't for some time), but an industry related event for the state when it comes could be a knockoff of the Orlando auction.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I think it's safe to say even a scaled version could generate enough cargo to keep people busy for a few days.

On the topic of ConExpo (which I would call EquipmentShow in game), irl prep work has already started.

Each of those big cranes is a few loads by itself:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 24 Feb 2023 08:22

We've already had a WOT event that was a tradeshow (Hannover Expo), so this is not so much a request for a new event type, but a request for more of them.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Optional Features

#5 Post by Optional Features » 24 Feb 2023 16:32

Madkine wrote: 24 Feb 2023 08:22 We've already had a WOT event that was a tradeshow (Hannover Expo), so this is not so much a request for a new event type, but a request for more of them.
Exactly: I would love to see that become a theme.
55sixxx

#6 Post by 55sixxx » 24 Feb 2023 18:25

Not only better/more engaging events would be infinite times better than all we have now... But the rewards also need to see some upgrades.

Seriously people, we went from getting Country Pennants (With a possibility to get a rare variant), scale models from real trucks, scale models from real landmarks... To crappy paintjobs and plain childish things like the ones below.
notitle.png
Honestly, and this is a personnal opinion, I'd rather sell these for a cent... Or maybe just even delete them from my inventory altogether, than to have a hoard of crap rewards just taking up space in my inventory.

It's also a no brainer why all the recent event rewards are dirt cheap and the older ones are more expensive. Nobody wants stupid (To say the least), wind up mouse toys and low-res paintjobs as an item instead of a pennant, flag pole, scale truck model or landmark model.
Optional Features

#7 Post by Optional Features » 24 Feb 2023 18:50

Yeah, I totally agree. The whole souvenir system in game needs a rework although that's probably a topic for another time.

For these events, I'd like to see special cargo introduced that after event completion was added to the cargo library. So one of those big cranes and its 50 loads would be unique to the EquipmentShow event or a bunch of new heavy machines would be unique to the Equipment Auction.
55sixxx

#8 Post by 55sixxx » 24 Feb 2023 19:01

Here's another cool idea: As event rewards a player could get special permits that let's you haul unique cargos and it would be random... Like, SCS makes 10 different unique cargos for the event and when a player finishes the event, they can get one from the 10 different possible cargos.

Only the players who owns the permit can see the cargo on the WoTR servers and if a player doesn't have it, he can either buy it on steam market or just copy the load from a friend through the convoy mechanism (But not being able to take the load himself from the job browser).

I am 100% sure that this, is much much better than receiving dumb little toys that serves no purpose.
Optional Features

#9 Post by Optional Features » 24 Feb 2023 19:21

Yeah, the complete lack of a permit system is yet another shortcoming of the game like the missing logbook system and other things.

All of these are good ideas, though. There should be a trucking related reason to participate in World of Trucks.
BJWyler

#10 Post by BJWyler » 08 Apr 2023 17:55

Potato potahto. I would like to see more if the holiday themed events. We could practically have one a month, and it's disappointing to have Valentines, but no Easter where we can deliver those chocolate bunnies and jelly beans. No matter what the event is, they are all just the same thing with different window dressing - be it a delivery to an expo or candy hearts to a store.

In terms of the rewards, to each his own. Some I like, some I don't. What they should never be is based on an RNG drop, like the road roller in the Big Sur event. This is a single-player game and customizing your truck is an integral part of the game play experience. I should never have to depend on RNG to get an award for an event, and I certainly shouldn't have to go to an outside marketplace to overpay some rando on the Internet to get all the rewards. Leave that nonsense to MMOs.

Return to “WORLD OF TRUCKS”