Should gas and electric trucks be developed in the game?

Should gas and electric trucks and appropriate fuelling stations be developed in the game?

Yes! Electric trucks are needed
40%
Yes! Need gas powered trucks.
36%
No. Diesel trucks are enough for me
24%

Total votes: 285

Sanax

Should gas and electric trucks be developed in the game?

#1 Post by Sanax » 07 Mar 2023 17:24

Greetings all.
I'm currently developing a Volvo FH2020 mod for the game. And I'm getting requests to make LNG and electric versions of the truck. Making these versions of trucks is quite a time-consuming task. It is necessary to make the exterior parts and including special dashboards. And what I have found is that the game completely lacks the infrastructure for alternative types of trucks. There are no gas fuelling stations and no electric charging stations. The LNG versions of the trucks in the mods have fuel consumption in litres instead of kilograms and are refuelled with... diesel... well, let's say the LNG truck has a small diesel tank and the truck starts on diesel and then switches to gas. But in the case of an electric truck this would be an entirely ridiculous situation... with "charging" the electric truck with diesel :lol:

So I am willing to do such versions of the trucks, but SCS needs to make a system of consumption of the appropriate type of fuel and add at least at some gas stations, say 1 column of gas and at some 1 charging station for electric.

2023 is going on...

In 2022, Volvo trucks sold over 4300 electric trucks in 38 countries, for example, google says.
With LNG, the situation is even more interesting. According to NGVA Europe the number of LNG stations in Europe alone has grown from 250 to 400 in 2020! And the number of CNG stations has increased to 4000 and 6,800 new CNG and LNG trucks were registered in 2020 in Europe only. At the beginning of 2022, the number of LNG fuelling stations was already 500, and now it has grown to 635...

So I decided to create this poll to see how high the user demand for these innovations in the game is.
Bulldozer 1973

Re: Should gas and electric trucks be developed in the game?

#2 Post by Bulldozer 1973 » 07 Mar 2023 21:53

I think the theme should be in ETS2 or is there a specific reason it is in ATS?
Greetings,
Harald

---
Sorry for my bad english, i from germany. I use Translators deepl.com / google.de
---
I will not distribute a modified mods without permission from the original creator / author!
Sanax

#3 Post by Sanax » 07 Mar 2023 22:22

Thanks @Harald-RS. What an inattentive man I am! I was referring to ETS2... Would one of the moderators be so kind as to move the thread to the appropriate section with the poll results kept? Or should I create this thread in the appropriate section again?
PGTransport

#4 Post by PGTransport » 08 Mar 2023 02:54

No they shouldn't.
Die with memories, not dreams.
Sanax

#5 Post by Sanax » 08 Mar 2023 06:50

PGTransport wrote: 08 Mar 2023 02:54 No they shouldn't.
Thanks mate. Every opinion is important.
I know that we all would like to see more trucks of interest to us, and there are still so many that can not get to the game. And diverting developers to all sorts of not so common types of trucks is a waste :)

So Ok. We modders can help with that, but we also need support from SCS in the form of creating the necessary mechanics for these types of fuel.
And I don't think it's too much of a challenge.

By the way, I've duplicated this thread in the ETS2 section
19adam90

#6 Post by 19adam90 » 08 Mar 2023 07:15

The electric version is a nice thing, I'd love to see it.
Last edited by 19adam90 on 28 Mar 2023 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
Bulldozer 1973

#7 Post by Bulldozer 1973 » 08 Mar 2023 07:49

I have now also cast my vote here.
Greetings,
Harald

---
Sorry for my bad english, i from germany. I use Translators deepl.com / google.de
---
I will not distribute a modified mods without permission from the original creator / author!
dsf.fernando

#8 Post by dsf.fernando » 13 Mar 2023 10:14

Not as long as they don't make a significant part of the amount of truck sales (at least 5%)
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Brian Benton

#9 Post by Brian Benton » 14 Mar 2023 07:45

Why not? Given the level of simulation of ETS2 for the target audience of 3+ players... No refueling infrastructure will be needed. We will just stop by a standard gas station to replenish our gas supply or recharge. AdBlue is already contained in diesel fuel in the imaginary world of SCS, as urea is replenished at the same time as the fuel. The most important thing is the scenery, isn't it? It is only necessary to make small changes to the models of existing trucks and coordinate this with the manufacturers. The sounds of vacuum cleaners instead of diesel engines have been in SCS since the introduction of FMOD into the game. I don't see any problems.
Sanax

#10 Post by Sanax » 14 Mar 2023 23:26

Indeed. As for refuelling gas powered trucks, SCS could simply add a line with LNG price on the petrol station stands. And refuelling will take place as now at the same fuelling point. Simply, as in the case of AdBlue, all tanks will be refuelled at the same time: gas, diesel, AdBlue.
There is another problem. You need to add a system for calculating fuel consumption. In case of diesel, consumption is calculated in L/100km. In the case of gas, however, consumption is already calculated in Xkm/kg. And the on-board computer should +- realistically calculate this for a gas powered truck, as it does now for a diesel truck.
Now we cannot, for example, specify a 150kg gas tank for a truck. And the on-board computer cannot be configured to calculate fuel consumption in kg and therefore the remaining range will not be calculated correctly.

Return to “General discussion about the game”