Should gas and electric trucks be developed in the game?

Should gas and electric trucks and appropriate fuelling stations be developed in the game?

Yes! Electric trucks are needed
40%
Yes! Need gas powered trucks.
36%
No. Diesel trucks are enough for me
24%

Total votes: 285

tajana_g

Re: Should gas and electric trucks be developed in the game?

#11 Post by tajana_g » 28 Mar 2023 15:17

There is no better truck than an Euro5 truck because on your choice it won't make a single beep if there is no adblue or the EGR and DPF went missing somehow.
I like my trucks as I like my smoking TDI's: powerful, quick and dirty, stating "Removed - rule 2.3 you Greta" with a thick black line of soot on the road...
Better make a poll on adding smoke and soot then on something unnecessary like this topic ;)
Rocket455Man

#12 Post by Rocket455Man » 28 Mar 2023 16:12

and separate adblue refueling, too
Real Full Trailer Combination Driver
Madkine
Global moderator

#13 Post by Madkine » 29 Mar 2023 12:15

tajana_g wrote: 28 Mar 2023 15:17 Better make a poll on adding smoke and soot then on something unnecessary like this topic ;)
A poll on this is pointless as SCS have already said they won't add it.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#14 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 29 Mar 2023 13:13

is there an interactive map that shows charging stations for electric powered trucks in Europe? 🔌🔋
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
alluke

#15 Post by alluke » 29 Mar 2023 13:19

Madkine wrote: 29 Mar 2023 12:15 A poll on this is pointless as SCS have already said they won't add it.
I think it should be connected to engine damage%
Sanax

#16 Post by Sanax » 30 Mar 2023 16:28

LegoTechnicFanBoi wrote: 29 Mar 2023 13:13 is there an interactive map that shows charging stations for electric powered trucks in Europe? 🔌🔋
I thought I'd just google it and see a map, but it's not that simple.

As I understand it, the current situation with truck charging stations is very sad. The infrastructure is virtually non-existent.

From what I was able to google "quickly": Volvo, Daimler and TRATON have signed a joint venture to develop a network of charging stations in Europe of 1700 stations by 2027. But this is a drop in the bucket. Considering that it takes around an hour to "refuel", not just a couple of minutes. But also in the EU, an urgent programme is being drawn up at state level to build a huge infrastructure. It is expected that by 2025 there will be 40,000 etrucks in Europe, and already 270,000 by 2030. Here is a map of the number of stations that should appear by countries and years. It has already got impressive figures.
For those who like a lot of letters, you can read a more detailed document.

But this could all change with the new multi-megawatt charging that are due to appear in 2024. Then etrucks will take literally minutes to charge, almost like conventional trucks.

But this is all a matter of the near future, and right now, I understand that finding these charging stations is almost an impossible task.

So now in the game if you add etrucks, then only for transportation distances up to 200-300km and place the charging stations at the player's home bases. And a realistic network of charging stations across Europe can only be added in a year or two.
Winchester1979

#17 Post by Winchester1979 » 02 Apr 2023 03:04

Sanax wrote: 30 Mar 2023 16:28
From what I was able to google "quickly": Volvo, Daimler and TRATON have signed a joint venture to develop a network of charging stations in Europe of 1700 stations by 2027. But this is a drop in the bucket. Considering that it takes around an hour to "refuel", not just a couple of minutes.
As long as the charge lasts for five hours of driving, and there are sufficient chargers available that you don't need to wait your turn, the one hour charge time seems like it's pretty perfect in real life - you need to stop anyway after a maximum of four and a half hours to have a rest for legal reasons, so parking your truck and plugging it in before going inside to have your breakfast/lunch/dinner break (depending on your schedule) will work out fine.

On the other hand, if someone just nabbed the last charging spot before you arrived, you're stuck waiting for your turn, which will suck as now your schedule breaks and your delivery will be late.

In game terms... having a truck that needs charging every four hours and advances the clock by one hour when you park next to a charger mostly means stopping more often and visiting more gas stations. Which could actually be a pretty nice thing, given how many of those I've never visited because a 4x2 with a nice efficient 13 liter engine can drive forever on one tank. (Until you enter France, where the nice efficient truck won't have enough acceleration to get up to speed in the "real time" zone around each toll gate, and so you're constantly accelerating from 50 to 80 under compressed time, which drains your tank pretty quick).

As it is right now, I only stop in game because it gets too dark to drive at night since the new lighting model (I *need* to remember to install a skybox mod that fixes this, if there is one), or because I'm low on fuel, which happens every two to three game days.

Also, variety is nice to have.
Sanax

#18 Post by Sanax » 02 Apr 2023 14:30

Winchester1979 wrote: 02 Apr 2023 03:04
Sanax wrote: 30 Mar 2023 16:28
From what I was able to google "quickly": Volvo, Daimler and TRATON have signed a joint venture to develop a network of charging stations in Europe of 1700 stations by 2027. But this is a drop in the bucket. Considering that it takes around an hour to "refuel", not just a couple of minutes.
As long as the charge lasts for five hours of driving, and there are sufficient chargers available that you don't need to wait your turn, the one hour charge time seems like it's pretty perfect in real life - you need to stop anyway after a maximum of four and a half hours to have a rest for legal reasons, so parking your truck and plugging it in before going inside to have your breakfast/lunch/dinner break (depending on your schedule) will work out fine.

On the other hand, if someone just nabbed the last charging spot before you arrived, you're stuck waiting for your turn, which will suck as now your schedule breaks and your delivery will be late.

In game terms... having a truck that needs charging every four hours and advances the clock by one hour when you park next to a charger mostly means stopping more often and visiting more gas stations. Which could actually be a pretty nice thing, given how many of those I've never visited because a 4x2 with a nice efficient 13 liter engine can drive forever on one tank. (Until you enter France, where the nice efficient truck won't have enough acceleration to get up to speed in the "real time" zone around each toll gate, and so you're constantly accelerating from 50 to 80 under compressed time, which drains your tank pretty quick).

As it is right now, I only stop in game because it gets too dark to drive at night since the new lighting model (I *need* to remember to install a skybox mod that fixes this, if there is one), or because I'm low on fuel, which happens every two to three game days.

Also, variety is nice to have.
Yeah. That adding e-trucks will bring a fresh breath of air to the gameplay is an undeniable fact.
Rocket455Man

#19 Post by Rocket455Man » 02 Apr 2023 18:12

Madkine wrote: 29 Mar 2023 12:15
tajana_g wrote: 28 Mar 2023 15:17 Better make a poll on adding smoke and soot then on something unnecessary like this topic ;)
A poll on this is pointless as SCS have already said they won't add it.
can modders add it?
Real Full Trailer Combination Driver
Bulldozer 1973

#20 Post by Bulldozer 1973 » 02 Apr 2023 18:16

The model for these gas stations sure, only what good is it if it is not supported by the engine
Greetings,
Harald

---
Sorry for my bad english, i from germany. I use Translators deepl.com / google.de
---
I will not distribute a modified mods without permission from the original creator / author!

Return to “General discussion about the game”