Should gas and electric trucks be developed in the game?

Should gas and electric trucks and appropriate fuelling stations be developed in the game?

Yes! Electric trucks are needed
40%
Yes! Need gas powered trucks.
36%
No. Diesel trucks are enough for me
24%

Total votes: 285

HRTrucking

Re: Should gas and electric trucks be developed in the game?

#21 Post by HRTrucking » 03 Apr 2023 18:24

You could add Hydrogen as well, or does that come under gas or electric??

I'm seeing quite a lot of electric trucks in Switzerland when I go there. Volvo and Scania and Volvo trucks with a different name on them (was going to remember the name) . Hyundai trucks on Hydrogen for a supermarket.

In Italy I've now seen a Nikola on the road for the 1st time, also first time since a long time that I was in Italy with my truck. Almost made it to Triest, went towardsAustria on the junction a bit before Triest and then Villach to Salzburg :lol:

In the Netherlands they're starting to come. Seen some electric Volvo's from Amazon in Germany.
xXCARL1992Xx

#22 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 03 Apr 2023 18:49

Hydrogen is electric, you burn the fuel to convert it to electrical energy to drive the electric motors, you dont burn the Hydrogen directly to create kinetic energy like in a conventional petrol/diesel engine
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
r131w

#23 Post by r131w » 04 Apr 2023 11:30

For me, it is crystal clear that ETS is either becoming something like a steamengine-age simulator or goes electric.
The truck manufacturers are already there. It's 2023 and I can wave a bunch of money and get my real electric truck.
WOT https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/5777747
ETS2: HQ in Luxemburg, default map, MAN TGX 6x2 (BDF Tandem Truck Pack)
ETS2: HQ in Hamburg, Promods, Scania S 6x4 (BDF Tandem Truck)
ETS2: HQ in Stockholm, Promods, Volvo FH2020 6x4
Prince

#24 Post by Prince » 04 Apr 2023 15:31

Yes, we need EV lorries. As the sound engine in ETS2 is pretty bland either way, it doesn't really make any difference to drive an EV, and we can fake hypercharging 0-100% in 1 minute at a regular fuel station (or get the lorry fully charged while we pretend to sleep).
HRTrucking

#25 Post by HRTrucking » 05 Apr 2023 11:08

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 03 Apr 2023 18:49 Hydrogen is electric, you burn the fuel to convert it to electrical energy to drive the electric motors, you dont burn the Hydrogen directly to create kinetic energy like in a conventional petrol/diesel engine
I know how they work. But filling them up is more like a gas truck. So to me they have a bit of both.

Only seen them at work so far in Switzerland. Other one's that I've seen where test trucks.
alluke

#26 Post by alluke » 31 May 2023 08:38

I'll just leave this here :lol:

[ external image ]
velles

#27 Post by velles » 31 May 2023 08:56

^ this

Electric truck range is abysmal, and they aren't even that common - why should SCS waste effort on something that currently is still a niche market?
Maybe in a few years but definitely not now. I'd prefer if SCS added rigid trucks or some other functionality rather than the electric trucks.
JUseeTV

#28 Post by JUseeTV » 31 May 2023 09:10

Actually electric trucks would add a new functionality since they require a total different infrastructure than the current diesel powered trucks. They would need their own charging stations, different wearing on engines. For me these are definitely new functionalities.
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
alfredparker360

#29 Post by alfredparker360 » 31 May 2023 11:00

I am presently working on a modification for the game that involves the Volvo FH2020 truck. Interestingly, I have received requests to develop LNG and electric variants of the truck. However, creating these versions requires a significant amount of time and effort due to the complexity involved
velles

#30 Post by velles » 31 May 2023 17:57

JUseeTV wrote: 31 May 2023 09:10 Actually electric trucks would add a new functionality since they require a total different infrastructure than the current diesel powered trucks. They would need their own charging stations, different wearing on engines. For me these are definitely new functionalities.
I know that would be a new functionality but unlike that's not a functionality that's desperately needed in the game, especially at this moment, when electric trucks are still far from being common.
Most of the community wants rigids, seasons, dirt, multidrops, vehicle maintenance, option to get out of the truck - these are waaayyy more needed mechanics than electric trucks, SCS should work on them first.

Return to “General discussion about the game”