ETS2 1.47 Discussion Thread

Aziz

Re: ETS2 1.47 Open Beta Discussion Thread

#181 Post by Aziz » 20 Mar 2023 09:52

And this is why they stopped announcing things until they're sure they're coming.
But also, the post itself has
Having rigids in the game brings quite a bit of challenges for us - the developers, as we would have to touch an established gameplay formula.
[...]
Naturally we need to take care of seamless in-game integration, with physics, economy, loading / unloading places infrastructure... There is both good and bad there, this challenge may persuade us to reconsider the concept of trailer ownership. But you know us, the more ambitious we are in altering the gameplay, the more time we typically take to make this happen.
There's nothing about "we're making rigids". Not. A. Single. Word. It's one post about a general idea of a feature that probably never reached a stage of actual production and was scrapped on brainstorming phase.
SCS doesn't have to confess from all plans they have and throw them away.

But if it's coming, you read it (unless you didn't then you're not even in the discussion) it eill happen when the basics of owned trailers is there - probably when all basic trailers can be owned.
Seerman

#182 Post by Seerman » 20 Mar 2023 10:55

However, we keep getting bus terminals...
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#183 Post by Aziz » 20 Mar 2023 11:14

Do we? Last time I checked they stopped adding those.

That's beside the point anyway, you won't notice bits of code required for rigids even if they are to be implemented at some point, but if they are going to introduce buses, in this game or another using the same map, they better start adding bus related spots to the map earlier rathen than later.
Seerman

#184 Post by Seerman » 20 Mar 2023 12:27

If you visit the renovated German cities, these bus stations have been preserved and even have an improved view. If the SCS had no plans for buses, then the stations would hardly have been preserved.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#185 Post by AntonioMart » 20 Mar 2023 12:40

Well, I hope that Euro Coach Simulator still will be developed in the future, based on the Euro truck simulator, when the entire map of Europe will be made and reworked and many new features will be added to the game. It's just that at the moment SCS will apparently find it difficult to deal with three games at the same time. Otherwise, why do we need bus stations in the game? I see a lot of beautiful buses here in Europe: Setra, Irizar and so on, many of which are in very beautiful liveries and of course I would like to drive it in the game too. :)
Aziz

#186 Post by Aziz » 20 Mar 2023 13:05

Seerman wrote: 20 Mar 2023 12:27 If you visit the renovated German cities, these bus stations have been preserved and even have an improved view. If the SCS had no plans for buses, then the stations would hardly have been preserved.
There's a lot of inconsistency on the map though. Granted, I'm only now looking at map view from the wiki but it appears that the stations aren't present in Austrian cities, Iberia and probably some other areas. I might be wrong however, I admit.
oldmanclippy

#187 Post by oldmanclippy » 20 Mar 2023 13:46

Buses are still dead I bet, they're probably just adding bus stops/terminals because they exist IRL. Nothing to read into.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Seerman

#188 Post by Seerman » 20 Mar 2023 14:01

oldmanclippy wrote: 20 Mar 2023 13:46 Buses are still dead I bet, they're probably just adding bus stops/terminals because they exist IRL. Nothing to read into.
There are bus terminals in the US, but they are not in the ATS.

#189 Post by oldmanclippy » 20 Mar 2023 14:03

They are much more rare in the US. You can also make a silly argument the other way: in ATS there are lots of pull-offs and parking for tourist buses, but not in ETS2. Does this mean that a tourist bus DLC is coming for ATS? No probably not, there's just lots of places for tourists to pull off in the US compared to Europe.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Bam.Bam

#190 Post by Bam.Bam » 20 Mar 2023 15:15

hello, I also wanted to contribute to 1.47beta and did some test drives on the beta.
1.career course/ Delivery log... good idea and looks nice too. would it be possible to add the real date instead of the picture on the left? just a thought !
2.Random road bumps...great thanks SCS team. that's really great. really enjoy driving (.playing..) so close to reality, even if there should still be room for improvement. ps. my wife, who watched me play, said: "it rocks like in your truck". so kudos to her!
3.Adaptive cruise control and emergency braking system...set this to 30m and am happy with that too. however, there are still some bugs or incorrect detections. would be good if you could turn it on/off as a switch like in the real truck and make refinements in the future!
4.reworked cities in Germany...nice work, thanks for the update. but also found plenty of bugs and one worth recognizing. nonetheless, those who know the area must "leave the church in the village"! but overall the map is 10 years old and outdated with the scale. ETS is future for SCS after all, so I want to advocate not doing the hard work for improvements and dlc`s, better for a whole new map...bigger scale, geographic landscape and real continuous transit highways and for many Years from bau bar !_?_!
5. Own cattle trailers with live animals... really? had a few tours with this trailer and must say, please change that, only short tours max. 9 hours drive and corresponding loading and unloading points. For the protection, respect and well-being of the animal, the EU laws for commercial animal transport should be taken into account at least !! URGENTLY RETHINKING AND REVISING THE TOURS !!
!! I am not writing out of malice, but to support and in this case also for the well-being and respect of the animal !!
I hope google translate translates well. questioning misunderstandings... thank you and lg

Return to “General discussion about the game”