ETS2 1.47 Discussion Thread

Angela Wittke

Re: ETS2 1.47 Open Beta Discussion Thread

#271 Post by Angela Wittke » 29 Mar 2023 15:38

AVP wrote: 28 Mar 2023 18:43 The emergency braking system in beta updates 1.47.0.33s does not work at all now !! it starts to slow down already when you collided with other cars, I appeal to the developers, return the emergency braking system at the time of the release of the open beta versions 1.47, everything was fine there, why touch something that worked perfectly. it worked like this, I drive behind a car at high speed as soon as I was 10 meters away my truck would slow down to the speed of the car in front, and if the car started to slow down my truck would also start braking to the same speed and prevent me from colliding with the car cars, and at the traffic lights I didn’t use the brake at all, my truck itself stopped in front of the cars that were at the traffic lights, I didn’t even use cruise control, ACC and emergency braking were in the settings, and everything was great
As I understand that, so you have activate „g_acc” and “g_emergency_brake” since it was known – bevore the 1.47 Beta has starts? ... and than? You deactivate this in you config file bevor you was startig the new options ingame over “gameplay”?
We've also had some discussions about these new assistants for the trucks.
The “Cruise control ... “ and the “Emergency Brake System” shouldn't be seen primarily as a "no damage" guarantee for reckless driving, but rather as a help for a rookie, for beginners in the game who can learn, how the AI reacts in certain situations. If you know that and can deal with it, you don't need such control anyway. For me, this option doesn't have the same meaning as in reality.
Pro of the Sims drive very differently, anticipating and as I love to say: "80% according to the traffic regulations and 20% according to the "ticks" of the AI." ;) Think about that.
o_O-kasp-

#272 Post by o_O-kasp- » 29 Mar 2023 15:47

It works much better for me now as at start of open beta. But EBA/S still pretty buggy and needs more attention.
AVP

#273 Post by AVP » 29 Mar 2023 17:44

Angela Wittke wrote: 29 Mar 2023 15:38
AVP wrote: 28 Mar 2023 18:43 The emergency braking system in beta updates 1.47.0.33s does not work at all now !! it starts to slow down already when you collided with other cars, I appeal to the developers, return the emergency braking system at the time of the release of the open beta versions 1.47, everything was fine there, why touch something that worked perfectly. it worked like this, I drive behind a car at high speed as soon as I was 10 meters away my truck would slow down to the speed of the car in front, and if the car started to slow down my truck would also start braking to the same speed and prevent me from colliding with the car cars, and at the traffic lights I didn’t use the brake at all, my truck itself stopped in front of the cars that were at the traffic lights, I didn’t even use cruise control, ACC and emergency braking were in the settings, and everything was great
As I understand that, so you have activate „g_acc” and “g_emergency_brake” since it was known – bevore the 1.47 Beta has starts? ... and than? You deactivate this in you config file bevor you was startig the new options ingame over “gameplay”?
We've also had some discussions about these new assistants for the trucks.
The “Cruise control ... “ and the “Emergency Brake System” shouldn't be seen primarily as a "no damage" guarantee for reckless driving, but rather as a help for a rookie, for beginners in the game who can learn, how the AI reacts in certain situations. If you know that and can deal with it, you don't need such control anyway. For me, this option doesn't have the same meaning as in reality.
Pro of the Sims drive very differently, anticipating and as I love to say: "80% according to the traffic regulations and 20% according to the "ticks" of the AI." ;) Think about that.
I didn't put any commands in the console, I'm not a beginner, but I liked the emergency braking system at the beginning of beta versions 1.47, it betrayed realism, now this emergency braking system is disgusting, it does not prevent accidents, it prevents overtaking other vehicles, by a complete stop, it began to work late even if my speed is 20-10 km, it allows accidents where it should work, and it works when it should not work, the transport that I tried to overtake was moving, I decided to overtake it as soon as I rebuilt and started to overtake, my truck decided to stop causing an emergency on the road, at the beginning of the open beta test, the emergency brake system worked fine, when I overtook other vehicles, the emergency brake system worked, but it did it smoothly and did not stop my truck to full stop, and at traffic lights when the cars were parked, the emergency braking system worked perfectly not for omitting accidents, yes I can play without the emergency braking system, but since the traffic in the game is dumb and does strange maneuvers, this system saves even a pro, and since I used to often fall asleep playing ets2, the sound signal about approaching other vehicles was perfect , and now everything that worked perfectly, the developers broke it.
xXCARL1992Xx

#274 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Mar 2023 17:49

"and at traffic lights when the cars were parked, the emergency braking system worked perfectly not for omitting accidents"

you let the EBS let your truck stop before a row of cars at a red light ?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
AVP

#275 Post by AVP » 29 Mar 2023 18:24

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 29 Mar 2023 17:49 "and at traffic lights when the cars were parked, the emergency braking system worked perfectly not for omitting accidents"

you let the EBS let your truck stop before a row of cars at a red light ?
Yes, I allowed the emergency braking system to stop the truck at a red light in the event that there were cars in front of me and my speed was not higher than 20-10 km per hour, it was especially useful if you were playing convoy with friends, and he suddenly began to slow down, it saved me from accidents with my friend, but now it doesn’t work like that, and the sound that warned about rapprochements on a DAF 2021 truck doesn’t work either, it’s sad, but it was the first version of the emergency braking system in 1.47 that I liked more, but after the developers reworked the emergency braking system, they added two variants of this system, and since many people liked the emergency braking system at the beginning of the 1.47 open beta, I think that the developers should add the third option that can be selected in the settings of the game itself, exactly the option that was at the beginning of the beta versions 1.47.
xXCARL1992Xx

#276 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Mar 2023 18:35

that is not what the system is made for, it is supposed to bring your truck to a full stop with all the braking power a the truck can muster, not so you can be lazy and let it park you behind another vehicle, the system should disable itself the moment you steer or press any pedal at all

i didnt test is since 1.47 released but before it it was wrong that the truck braked for every little dust particle in front of you truck, it should only do it if a "collision" is imminent and the driver didnt react
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
pandaforlife

#277 Post by pandaforlife » 29 Mar 2023 18:56

I drive real trucks irl and the emergency brake system + ACC works brilliantly and when you driving at 56mph on a motorway ACC makes you keep your eyes more on traffic vehicles and the road.
TheTiger

#278 Post by TheTiger » 29 Mar 2023 21:17

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 29 Mar 2023 18:35 the system should disable itself the moment you steer or press any pedal at all

Wrong. Not "ANY" pedal, just the brake pedal. But if you don't apply enough pressure and the system will still detect a collide, it will brake for you.

As for the steering, you are correct. If you will steer more than a certain angle (don't know exactly, I think 30 degrees), the system will automatically deactivate.

This is how it is supposed to work on real life...
Yukine

#279 Post by Yukine » 30 Mar 2023 03:58

Not being able to override the system by pressing the throttle seems dangerous..
Renault's system can be overridden by braking (the system may assist in that case), steering and/or kick down. I don't know for other brands.

Edit: Found the promotional material describing the behavor. https://youtu.be/q_kOKqNiedg?t=325
Modders forgot sometimes there is also a life, so work on your speed. Don't think ''People need it fast.'' -Milan1NL
pandaforlife

#280 Post by pandaforlife » 30 Mar 2023 04:13

Why are renault boring trucks lol full of plastic inside. Scania & volvo are luxurious trucks.

Return to “General discussion about the game”