Don't know why Kenworth abandoned the K100-e model and why can't SCS shove it here officially, best truck

Road_Rumbler

Don't know why Kenworth abandoned the K100-e model and why can't SCS shove it here officially, best truck

#1 Post by Road_Rumbler » 17 Mar 2023 10:15

I am probably going to be biased here but still, the truck model itself to me is pretty darn perfect. The box and engine under the seat was a good idea in my opinion. Everything was pretty "compact" and the truck stood out to me the most. Never liked the ones with the nose and the rest of it. The mod itself is nice, i have it active with Zeemod's engine sound pack. This was the the real mcoy once upon a time :ugeek: What are you driving or thoughts on this?
1948LJMack

Re: Don't know why Kenworth abandoned the K100-e model and why can't SCS shove it here officially, best truck

#2 Post by 1948LJMack » 17 Apr 2023 22:44

Well, it is a shame with just about all cabovers and to me, in a way, it seems stupid that we can't enjoy the nice views of the highway from a cabover. The K100 was famous in the TV show, BJ and the Bear. They do make the K200 but it's for the Australian market. Most of the old cabovers did have some flaws. One was that is if you didn't have anything to secure your belongings in the bed behind you, that stuff would come crashing towards the windshield when you had to tilt the cab to get to the engine. The suspension in those things was the other flaw they had. If you went across a rough railroad crossing at 60 miles an hour, it was very rough on your hands and if your seats were torn, you would get in a way a swat on the bottom as well. I too would love to have seen SCS put more vintage trucks into the game. But how many people has the kind of money to pay for licensing the truck?
Tony Trout

Re: Don't know why Kenworth abandoned the K100-e model and why can't SCS shove it here officially, best truck

#3 Post by Tony Trout » 27 Apr 2023 19:02

Other than the "F" model Mack cabover of the mid-to-late 1970s, I also loved the Kenworth K100E and also loved the "BJ & The Bear" television show!! I would LOVE to see someone make a 1970s-era correct Mack cabover (or COE as they are also known - COE = cab over engine). Mack made this particular model until 1982 but right about that time, the demand for a cabover declined sharply and Mack stopped building them. I can still remember riding in the plain white Mack cabover that my late father drove (and, also, sadly died in while driving near the NJ Turnpike from a massive heart attack - thank God that he had taught my Mom how to drive the truck or instead of losing one parent, I would have lost both). I was only 3 at the time and couldn't understand why my Dad wasn't around anymore. Thankfully, I have a wonderful Stepfather who I adore & love very much. Sadly, he suffers from COPD/Emphysema due to smoking & working in the local sawmill here.

(BTW, just in case no one is aware, Paul Sagehorn of Sparta, WI has one of the three original tractor-trailers that were used on "BJ & The Bear").

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”