File Paths and export Problems

ghost00171

File Paths and export Problems

#1 Post by ghost00171 » 18 Mar 2023 12:39

Hey it´s me again.
Like i said in my other Topic, i´m working on a Steering Wheel for the Default Scania S 2016.
I watched tons of Tutorials the last Couple Days, but i can´t find any that adresses the Issues i have or how to do specific Things.

The Wheel Model is pretty much ready to export, but it gives me Loads of error Messages afterwards in Blender when i actually export it.
All about missing Files/File Paths.

Which is no Wonder, since i only was able to set the correct Path for Unit/Hookups in Blender,
but everything else in the SCS Global Settings is still red, because i have no idea at all, where even to look for these Files to set the correct Paths.
I attached a Pic to show what i mean by that.

Another Problem is, that i can´t find the sii Files for the Default Scania Steering Wheel, because if i understand it right, you take the original sii´s
where you insert the Mod Name, Price, Suitable for, and so on, and change it to your Mod Settings so it doesn´t overwrite the original Files.

Everything else, like the Folder Structure and so on, is pretty good explained in these Tutorials, just not the File/Path Problems i have.

Would be great, if someone could help me out with that.
Thanks a lot in Advance!
Attachments
Filepaths.jpg
Filepaths.jpg (39.39 KiB) Viewed 1459 times
room217au

Re: File Paths and export Problems

#2 Post by room217au » 18 Mar 2023 12:52

You can unpack base.scs and def.scs (always a good idea) with scs_extractor. It's available from the Modding Wiki page. You can find it here: https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... _Extractor
Once you do that, you'll find all of the paths/files you need to satisfy all of those red boxes.
I always extract the base and def archives to "ATS_Files" on one of my 'warehouse' drives.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
ghost00171

#3 Post by ghost00171 » 18 Mar 2023 12:55

I already unpacked the scs from ETS2 to a Folder that i simply named "Base scs" on the Desktop, since this is where i mostly work from.
So all i can do, is browse and search for those Files?
room217au

#4 Post by room217au » 18 Mar 2023 13:09

Yep. All of the path requirements in that section are in base.scs files.
You should create two startup Blender files. One with the ATS paths and one with the ETS2 paths (if you mod ETS2)
xXCARL1992Xx

#5 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Mar 2023 13:11

only material.db and unit/hookup is in the base.scs, the rest is in the def.scs and isnt really needed if you dont do traffic/prefab/map related work
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
room217au

#6 Post by room217au » 18 Mar 2023 13:12

oh.. crap...
yes.. that's right. Been a while. Also just finished an 18hr work day. Should've noticed the "//def" part. My bad.
Dotec

#7 Post by Dotec » 18 Mar 2023 13:39

for your steering wheel you only need project base path. nothing more.
ghost00171

#8 Post by ghost00171 » 18 Mar 2023 14:06

That already helped me a Lot!
Found the sii i needed, and just figured that everything else is imported to the Folder Structure i´ve made, when i actually don´t forget to import the scs to the Archive in Blender.
I should get a bit more Patient with the Stuff i do^^

Anyways Guys, thanks a Lot for your Help.
ghost00171

#9 Post by ghost00171 » 19 Mar 2023 12:57

Well, i´m already back again....

So i packed the Mod in different Ways, according to different Tutorials i´ve watched yesterday.
First Time, the Wheel was actually ingame, but everything in the Truck was Pink then incl. the Steering Wheel. I figured out why, and was able to fix it myself.
Second Time, the Truck Textures were fine, but the Wheel was still Pink, because i didn´t knew about the Texture and TOBJ Files that are also needed.
Third Time, the Textures where correct, but it showed the standard Scania Wheel instead of mine.
Since then, the Wheel either doesn´t show up at all in the Shop, or the Shop Icon is there, but there´s no actual Wheel.
The Slot on the Column stays empty.

I guess the Problem is the DEF File, since it is the only one i have to write/edit by myself.

But i can´t Figure out where i went wrong.

Do you Guys think one of you could have a look at the Modfile, if i send it or upload it somewhere, and tell me what i´ve done wrong?
It would be a great Help.

Thanks a lot in Advance!
xXCARL1992Xx

#10 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 Mar 2023 13:09

send it, setting up blender the very firsttime is a bit of a hurdle, there are descriptions on blender but they are only images and it took me at least 2 years from my awkward attempts to get the workflow that works best for me with making mods
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Blender Tools”