ETS2 1.48 speculation

JoeAlex23

Re: ETS2 1.48 speculation

#91 Post by JoeAlex23 » 30 May 2023 19:29

velles wrote: 30 May 2023 18:30 @Aziz @JoeAlex23
I mean a blog post poll (and since blog posts are also visible in the Steam newsfeed it would have a much much wider range than some forum poll)
I was talking exactly about that, i'm aware polls in this forum don't matter in any possible way, and that would be a lost battle anyways because the UK will instantly get most of the votes since every single time SCS post a new anything about a rebuild anywhere several people ALWAYS ask "uK rEbUiLd WhEn". SCS knows those kind of "polls" are a waste of time, they have never done one and probably never will.

And i agree with everything Carl is saying, they are doing it in terms of age while building up the rebuild team with smaller countries like Switzerland and Benelux.

Also, another great argument is that since we know more of Scandinavia will be the 2024 map DLC, there are only two ways SCS can go for 2025, Greece + something else or Ireland + something else, if they go to Ireland (which is the most possible way) they can throw the whole DLC map team AND the rebuild team at the UK at the same time and have the big team needed to do it quickly. Is just pure logic.
dsf.fernando

#92 Post by dsf.fernando » 30 May 2023 20:31

Tomsun wrote: 24 May 2023 07:42 What we should see:
Development towards Mutltithreading (New Game engine)
DX12/Vulkan
As a student in the area, is even possible for a game to change its entire game engine from one update to another? Those additions may be made by improvements in the current game engine rather than an entirely new game engine (similar to how "old" race cars get "evolution" specs every three or four years)
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
JoeAlex23

#93 Post by JoeAlex23 » 30 May 2023 20:34

It's possible, but it's a quite dumb thing.

The problem here is that many people confuse "game engine update" with "new game engine" which are 2 completely different things, SCS is updating their own game engine, not changing it to a new one.
velles

#94 Post by velles » 30 May 2023 20:44

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 30 May 2023 19:06 maybe you should start listening to what other say and turn of your logic, it was said the team has to be big enough to get it out within a year in one go, the team isnt big enough so they go for the smaller countries (Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg) and when they are done, the team should have a considerable size to tackle the UK (hopefully with Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, Ireland would be a big bonus also) and throw it out within ~ a years time
I highly doubt Ireland will be free. If I had to make any arguments in favour of UK rework it probably would be that SCS can engage both rework and DLC map teams to work on British Isles and sell Ireland as a paid ATS-priced DLC in order to recuperate some cost of (free) UK rework. This is probably the only way UK could be done in a single run, otherwise SCS will have to focus on smaller reworks like Switzerland, Benelux or Czech Republic (yes, I think it is more probable rework option than UK due to size)
dsf.fernando

#95 Post by dsf.fernando » 30 May 2023 23:36

Is the Tesla Model S from ATS available in traffic in ETS2? Trucksim wiki says it and the Toyota Prius appear only in ATS traffic but not in ETS2.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
parasaurolophus67

#96 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 30 May 2023 23:50

@dsf.fernando The tesla in ATS and Tesla in ETS2 are different models. So no.
dsf.fernando

#97 Post by dsf.fernando » 31 May 2023 00:43

So i expect the Model S will also be added to ETS2 traffic soon.
parasaurolophus67

#98 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 31 May 2023 00:45

@dsf.fernando Well... It might not be soon. Like they haven't added vehicles from ETS2 to ATS besides a couple of them did.
velles

#99 Post by velles » 31 May 2023 08:50

@dsf.fernando @parasaurolophus67
ETS2 has both Tesla Model S and Model Y, however for some reason Model S in ETS2 is used only as a parked prop, and doesn't spawn in traffic, while Model Y does (probably with a much too large spawn rate because personally I've seen it IRL only once)
IMO Model Y should be also added to ATS, while some vehicles from ATS (Model S, Toyota Prius, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Subaru Outback) should spawn in ETS2 as well, as they were/are sold in Europe
clifflandmark

#100 Post by clifflandmark » 02 Jun 2023 13:47

hey there. I wonder what's SCS plan for ETS after West Balkans.

What about bringing Greece and Anatolia to fill the emptiness of HoR. When things get better for Ukraine and Russia, they can be released together? (Just a thought)

Return to “General discussion about the game”