ETS2 1.48 speculation

Aziz

Re: ETS2 1.48 speculation

#71 Post by Aziz » 21 May 2023 21:13

So we're supposed to expect Switzerland to come out after WB? Because I'm sure as hell it won't come at the same time.
ninjawarrior1x3

#72 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 23 May 2023 15:16

@Aziz
If anything is coming in 1.49, it's WB, not Switzerland. Unless they're adding new cities (e.g. Basel), there's only one blog topic I can think of for the Swiss Rework, and that's the previously mentioned A9 Autobahn. Meanwhile, WB probably has around 20 blogs left, even considering the merging of some blog topics.
Aziz

#73 Post by Aziz » 23 May 2023 15:42

I know, hence my posts from the previous page.
Tomsun

#74 Post by Tomsun » 24 May 2023 07:42

What we should see:
Development towards Mutltithreading (New Game engine)
DX12/Vulkan
Native Apple silicon support

what we will see:
some overhauled areas (o.k. but this could also be done by the modding community)
a new truck model (o.k. but this can also be done by the modding community)
more new blinky blinky affecting seriously the overall performance

There are lots of ideas for the future development of this sim e.g. seasons, real weather according to actual weatherforecast, all these future developments in my opinion have the problem in performance.
Yes you don't need 240 FPS (this is not a ego shooter), but you need constant 60-100 FPS, good 1% Lows, and good 0,1% Lows. This currently even on a 4090/13900KS an illusion, simply to the annoying Autosave (what is necessary but should not affecting the game thread).
The navigation should be improved as well (e.g. road is closed due to accident [random obstacles], this should change the navigation as in real life), if the navigation is on a thread of its own it could be much better without affecting the driving.
Some newbie driver

#75 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 May 2023 21:06

Aziz wrote: 21 May 2023 21:13So we're supposed to expect Switzerland to come out after WB? Because I'm sure as hell it won't come at the same time.
And they won't. 1.48 with Switzerland and with all the preparatory content to link with WB that probably will take a few weeks more to be released. The linking roads with a DLC can be set to only appear available if you have the DLC; happened before already. That's my guess.

I don't see nothing so far in WB that could justify it to be released in 1.49. That would probably be pre-Christmas update (so, a December release) making WB a DLC that took more time than Iberia,a DLC that also had to deal with the extra work of the lighting changes. At the same time, to completely showcase the Switzerland rework as they had almost done and then shelve it 4 months until the next update after WB would also be a weird movement. So, the only rational scenario I can guess so far (and I remember again,. considering they don't suffer HUGE delays on WB) is that one I pointed before.

Regards
krmarci

#76 Post by krmarci » 25 May 2023 05:43

@Aziz @Some newbie driver As the two teams are (mostly) unrelated, WB and Switzerland could come with the same update. For example, 1.40 brought the third phase of the Germany rework, two new French cities and Iberia. 1.36 added Corsica alongside RttBS.
Aziz

#77 Post by Aziz » 25 May 2023 05:56

Maybe, but as a casual player I'd have a hard time choosing between the two when they arrive at the same time. I'm all for Balkans, but Switzerland is a heaven on Earth.
Corsica is relatively small, the two French cities were added specifically to accommodate the addition of Iberia, and Germany rework was just more of the same, material/model updates with some minor changes to road layout, not a complete rebuild.
Some newbie driver

#78 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 May 2023 17:03

You don't have to choose, Switzerland will be there to drive it when you want, that includes long hauls that you could do from WB (if you purchase it) after all. There's no need to have to rush the late addition so only had to come at at time.

Also, as I said, preparatory update for a DLC can arrive some weeks earlier. Time enough for people to enjoy Switzerland and then focus on WB DLC once it arrives.

Regards
velles

#79 Post by velles » 30 May 2023 15:19

Euro Truck Fan wrote: 19 May 2023 13:20 Updated my changelog for ETS2 1.48.

Confirmed:
- Switzerland Rework
- Trieste
- Germany Rework: Baltic Sea Coast (Travemünde & Rostock)
The only confirmed thing so far is German cities rework, that's the only blog post with "1.48" tag, everything else is speculation
https://blog.scssoft.com/search/label/1.48
Euro Truck Fan wrote: 19 May 2023 13:20 What we're waiting for so much:
[...]
- UK Rework (before Italy & East)
Speak for yourself. While I'd like to see the UK reworked I don't think it should happen before the base game Italy and Going East reworks - unlike these two areas UK it is easily avoidable.
JohnDaC wrote: 19 May 2023 20:11 I'd love to see the swap bodies honestly. But as much as I'd love to see it, I'd also expect the system to be done justice. From point A, to B, to C, to D to E and the list goes on. Main concern with that is, the job system would have to be redone to have the ability to queue multiple jobs at once.
I hope that we will see normal rigid trucks as well, not just swapbodies, IMO adding swapbodies as the only rigid trucks would be somewhat disappointing.
TBH I have no idea why it takes so long for SCS to introduce rigids - in theory they aren't that different from having an owned trailer, the only difference is that the trailer and truck are fused into one vehicle.
I know that there are also licencing issues but at least they have the licence for rigid New Actros - even one rigid truck model is better than none.
Frayner

#80 Post by Frayner » 30 May 2023 16:05

velles wrote: 30 May 2023 15:19 Speak for yourself. While I'd like to see the UK reworked I don't think it should happen before the base game Italy and Going East reworks - unlike these two areas UK it is easily avoidable.
SCS has already said they will be reworking the base game before DLC’s, so Going East will most likely come after UK is reworked.
Intel i9 13900K, 32 GB RAM, MSI RTX™ 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G, Bigscreen Beyond

Return to “General discussion about the game”