FPS drops during gameplay

HzQ700

Re: FPS drops during gameplay

#11 Post by HzQ700 » 21 Mar 2023 07:05

Before this phenomenon I was using higher graphics settings with the same setup and with mods and there were no problems like this. Im not using any graphics or quality mods.
I mainly use skins, sound, tuning mods and Promods of course. I use a rain mod with increased amount of rain drops(medium setting) but I dont think it causes the FPS drops because Im experiencing the problem all the time not only when it's raining. Lastly I use a traffic mod but I gave it a shot with turning it off but nothing changed.
blackpanther239

#12 Post by blackpanther239 » 21 Mar 2023 10:14

Welcome to the club ... :|
Nathaniell

#13 Post by Nathaniell » 21 Mar 2023 17:02

Any chance it is a problem of other hardware components?

It is very unlikely that game would be able to "slow down" and "speed up" and still keep stable fps.. That does not seems to make much sense to me. (but.. nothing is impossible :D )

Any chance you are... sending the picture to a projector wirelessly? Does it happen in other games? Is it convoy-only problem (as I have seen similar problems where other games were "catching up" if it received data from server after brief disconnect)?

You should also try to create clean profile without any active mods to see if the problem will still be present.
HzQ700

#14 Post by HzQ700 » 21 Mar 2023 18:06

@Nathaniell It doesnt happen in other games, example GTA5 or War Thunder. I dont have any wireless devices besides my keyboard and mouse but I use them only if Im not sitting at the desk. This problem occurs in singleplayer only and now I tried to clear a new profile but Im still experiencing it.
freedline

#15 Post by freedline » 21 Mar 2023 18:56

HzQ700 wrote: 21 Mar 2023 18:06 @Nathaniell It doesnt happen in other games, example GTA5 or War Thunder. I dont have any wireless devices besides my keyboard and mouse but I use them only if Im not sitting at the desk. This problem occurs in singleplayer only and now I tried to clear a new profile but Im still experiencing it.
HI!
Relax. There will be many "advisors" (hardware, mods,...etc.) :)
Nothing changes the point: ETS/ATS graphics engine is bad, unoptimized.
That's why I say so:
"Welcome to the club!"
wato

#16 Post by wato » 21 Mar 2023 19:29

In config.cfg, set:

Code: Select all

t_averaging_window_length 1
That removed rubber-banding completely for me, using G-Sync.

People playing on V-Sync have reported that it also helps to set a multiple of the V-Sync refresh rate, e.g., 120 or 180, etc. for 60 Hz.
HzQ700

#17 Post by HzQ700 » 21 Mar 2023 21:14

@freedline
So maybe the best choice is to wait and hope that SCS will find a way to optimize the games and these problems will be fixed.

@wato
Yes I found these kind of solutions on the forum where others say change values in config.cfg file but nothing happened.
wato

#18 Post by wato » 21 Mar 2023 22:44

Do you use the high performance parameters as well? (Memory size, etc.)
pandaforlife

#19 Post by pandaforlife » 21 Mar 2023 22:47

wato wrote: 21 Mar 2023 19:29 In config.cfg, set:

Code: Select all

t_averaging_window_length 1
That removed rubber-banding completely for me, using G-Sync.

People playing on V-Sync have reported that it also helps to set a multiple of the V-Sync refresh rate, e.g., 120 or 180, etc. for 60 Hz.
That did not work for me too
Brian Benton

#20 Post by Brian Benton » 22 Mar 2023 07:20

@HzQ700 If you are talking about the fact that the problems with the performance of the game started 2-3 weeks ago, then I can recommend that you analyze all your actions with the computer 2-3 weeks ago. You may have made changes to the system or game configuration. Drivers, programs, mods. Everything matters. Very little background information provided by you. I can say one thing for sure - SCS did not make any fundamental changes in the game 2-3 weeks ago. Subjectively, I noticed changes in performance (for the better) only when updating the game to OBT 1.47, with other data unchanged in my PC.

Your system is able to provide a stable 60 FPS 90% of the time playing in the latest DLC territories when using custom ultra settings: SSAO off, 300-400% scaling, low SMAA values. I can give you a guarantee that you will experience stable freezes due to the lack of video memory in the territories of the latest DLCs and the updated territories of Germany and Austria in update 1.47. The game uses about 4 GB of video memory in these territories.

The effect of "rubber-banding" as you describe it is similar to V-Sync artifacts in those moments when the video card is not able to provide an FPS equal to (or more than) the monitor's refresh rate. Try using the adaptive V-Sync mode through the Nvidia control panel. I do not recommend not using V-Sync, as this will lead to image tearing. Perhaps 2-3 weeks ago you just accidentally enabled V-Sync in the game settings.

Return to “Technical Problems”