Implement DXVK native for both ETS2 and ATS

Maximum Overdrive

Implement DXVK native for both ETS2 and ATS

#1 Post by Maximum Overdrive » 22 Mar 2023 19:31

Recently Valve Corporation released a native linux version of DXVK called "DXVK native". So I asked the developer of DXVK about the native version - does the presence of native edition mean that I can just drop the d3d11.so where the game executable is and I'll be able to use mods without generated mipmaps (for those who don't know - textures without generated mipmaps appear black when used in the native linux edition of the game), but he said that this is something the game developer has to implement.

So here I am, asking SCS to implement DXVK native to the game, so that those of us who gave up on Windows be able to use mods without mipmaps.

DXVK native can be downloaded from GitHub: https://github.com/Joshua-Ashton/dxvk-native/releases
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Implement DXVK native for both ETS2 and ATS

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 22 Mar 2023 19:37

DXVK is an API translator, not an Emulator, you cant just drag and drop it in a Windows program and make it work with Linux, because Linux doesnt know what to do with an .exe and important system component are also missing

also, missing mipmaps do NOT cause black textures, using .dds formats not known by OpenGL cause black textures because people think they have to use Phptoshop/GIMP/Paint.net to create .dds textures instead of conversion tools to convert it from .tga to proper .dds format
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Maximum Overdrive

#3 Post by Maximum Overdrive » 22 Mar 2023 19:51

DXVK native is NOT a windows format. DXVK's formats are dll, DXVK native's formats are 'so' - same as the libraries the linux edition of the game uses, so if SCS implement "DXVK native" in the linux version of the game, it will work.

[ external image ]

As for the black textures, I've tested it MANY times, including with the Ikarus 260 in traffic mod which can be found out there. Ofc the people who made the Ikarus 260 didn't bother to click one more option and guess what - the bus appeared black. Only after I saved the DDS file WITH mipmaps it appeared with normal colors.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 22 Mar 2023 20:24

" so if SCS implement "DXVK native" in the linux version of the game, it will work."

how should this work ? Linux version uses OGL as the rendering API, there is no DirectX in it anywhere, thats why it is a native Linux version ported to Linux to run on Linux without the need to translate anything (Proton not included)

regarding mimaps, i checked again and the test texture was black, so it means OGL just crashes with wrong formatting and missing mipmaps are black
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Maximum Overdrive

#5 Post by Maximum Overdrive » 29 Mar 2023 19:07

Have you ever used linux in your life? Or have you only seen it in a picture? Cuz the way you respond makes me think the latter.
xXCARL1992Xx

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Mar 2023 19:12

i have used Linux, multiple times and what you want is basically what ETS (and ATS) already have, a native version that is programmed for Linux that runes on OpenGL, why should they wast time and re-port the games from Windows to Linux just to have DirectX in it and so use DXVK ? they have a native solution, Valve provides a ported solution via Proton that used DXVK an does the exact same thing you want, ETS and ATS on Linux DONT HAVE DirectX and those implementing Native DXVK is pointless without first re-implementing DirectX back again, wich is again pointless because it is Linux and not Windows

and it is even tripple pointless because they are providing Vulkan support in the future anyway
[ external image ]

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”