ATS Future update suggestion.

razots

ATS Future update suggestion.

#1 Post by razots » 24 Mar 2023 20:00

Have to say I’ms die hard ATS fan And love the game, theirs is no comparison of any other truck game coming close to American Truck Simulator. Recently I started play On the Road truck simulator and although it’s not on the same level with ATS there are a few features I like. Main one is the jobs, unlike ATS you can stack jobs together even with different pickup and destination. It allows a much more immersion into the planning and driving. I sometimes take 3 or 4 jobs at a time and can even plan the jobs enroute back to home base. I also like getting out of the truck to sign for jobs. ATS is an awesome game the graphics, physics and sounds you can’t beat it. Just thought I’d put this out there, it would be a great addition to an already h great game.
flight50

Re: ATS Future update suggestion.

#2 Post by flight50 » 25 Mar 2023 07:28

Actually this feature has been requested for several years now. On here, we refer to it as multi drop or the industry term....LTL Freight. Hopefully once the engine update is released, it will do one of 2 things. 1) free up programmers to bring more features in which multi drop is one of them or 2) the update was needed in order to bring multi drop at the same time the engine update comes.

Either way, multi drop is a very needed feature that hopefully SCS can figure out. But along with that feature, SCS really needs to add in the ability to separate trailers and park separately at the same facility or even haul one trailer to the next location. In the case of triples, the ability to drop off 3 pup trailers to 3 different locations. Now dropping off trailers can't happen with owned trailers but what we can do with owned trailers is have multi stops along several routes. It all boils down to what mode of play we use.
Travismods

#3 Post by Travismods » 25 Mar 2023 17:55

@razots I just wish we could get out of the truck and use the reststops and secure our cargo by hand. Possibly enter some smaller shops. Have a truck yard where all our trucks spawn and we can walk around trailers we own and interact a bit with the environment. See more pedestrians and life in the dead gameworld. ATS is the best OTR game so far though, agreed.

I like the ideas in On The Road, I’d like to see an american version with american trucks compete with ATS tho. That’d be the day.
sina2011

#4 Post by sina2011 » 27 Mar 2023 10:36

Hello, yes, game developers should really pay attention to this issue, it's time to design the game in such a way that the driver can get off the truck and attach the trailer and secure the loads. I request the game developers to use this item
GinXeng

#5 Post by GinXeng » 27 Mar 2023 23:31

"Issue" Its not an issue, its a very much requested suggestion, but don't call it an issue, because its not.
flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 29 Mar 2023 04:57

Agreed. Its not an issue, its a requested feature. Maybe it comes one day. I have zero interest in it but I still think it should be part of the game someday. Bring it with some limitations of course. Stick to fueling and pre-trip procedures which includes inspection of truck. Zero need to get out and go into a store. I see that as suggestions a lot. Give an inch, some want a mile.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”