Logitech Driving Force GT shacking

Brian Benton

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT shacking

#11 Post by Brian Benton » 31 Mar 2023 10:28

Do you suggest setting all the stiffness parameters to the maximum in the gameplay settings? Did I understand you correctly? I will try this, but it will most likely eliminate some of the symptoms. By the way, as a half measure, I also use an increased value of the control nonlinearity. This causes me to lean to the left or right a lot more when driving in a straight line (as in a real truck, where the steering angle is known to be well over 900 degrees) and thus I am less likely to be in the problematic steering wheel center area.
HICHAM

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT shacking

#13 Post by HICHAM » 22 Sep 2023 12:50

Hello. I've got the same wheel. I'm too having a hard time setting up a proper force feedback.. because of the dead zone in the middle.. what I found a bit helpful was setting global gain to max.. setting internal friction also to max.. and dial down all the other effect. Like for centring at high speed 30 percent.. and at low speed 15 percent.. the other vibration effect no more than 6 or 7 percent ( because I had to balance everything because of the max gain) the key here is to set friction as high as possible.. so when you turn from left to right you get less drop in the middle and the transition in direction doesn't feel so empty there. You still get a weird feeling in the middle but I guess that's impossible to fix . But this I can live with. Also I have set my steering's sensitivity in the Logitech profile from 50 percent to 20 percent.. so I can have that feeling of turning the wheel more . You have to set the animation to like 1300 or 1200 to match the new settings.
English isn't my native language

Amateur Skinner.. ( feel free to criticize and give feedback)

Return to “Steering wheel + pedals”