How to Change the Body of a Bus Mod in ETS2?

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
lk397

How to Change the Body of a Bus Mod in ETS2?

#1 Post by lk397 » 29 Mar 2023 15:44

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for advice on how to change the body of a bus mod in Euro Truck Simulator 2. I have a mod that I would like to modify, but I'm not sure how to proceed. Specifically, I want to change the bus body to a different model. :?:

Does anyone have any experience with this? Can you recommend any tutorials or videos that explain the process? My ETS2 version is 1.46.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
room217au

Re: How to Change the Body of a Bus Mod in ETS2?

#2 Post by room217au » 30 Mar 2023 01:25

It is unlikely that editing def files alone will allow the 'exchange' of body models between the two buses at game-time.

So, the first thing you need to do is learn how to use a 3D modelling program, like Blender or ZModeler. In the case of Blender, you'll also need the conversion tools and addons that allow the import and editing of PMG models.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.

Return to “Help requests”