AEGEAN SEA DLC

Aries

AEGEAN SEA DLC

#1 Post by Aries » 31 Mar 2023 21:20

Hello people & SCS!
Here I present you my vision of the Aeagean Sea DLC
consisting of Greece, West-Turkey and Cyprus based on my topic Future map DLC's
With my Austria rework suggestion I wasn't far from what was actually released and that gave me a boost of energy to create this suggestion too!

➥ Map overwiev: 🇬🇷 🇹🇷 🇨🇾
[ external image ]

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

In the next section I will go into each country
These are just ideas and suggestions and not
finished facts that will be implemented in the future.

G R E E C E 🇬🇷

[ external image ]

BIG CITIES:
🏙 Athina Αθήνα / Thessaloniki Θεσσαλονίκη / Patra Πάτρα / Igoumenitsa Ηγουμενίτσα / Kavala Καβάλα / Larisa Λάρισα / Irakleio Ηράκλειo

PLACES MADE SMALLER:
🏙 Ioannina Ιωάννινα / Kosani Κοζάνη / Piraeus Πειραιάς / Lamia Λαμία / Trikala Τρίκαλα / Kalamata Καλαμάτα / Tripoli Τρίπολη / Alexandroupoli Αλεξανδρούπολη / Rodos Ρόδος / Chania Χανιά

FERRY CONNECTIONS:
🚢 from Piraeus to:
>> Rodos
>> Irakleio
>> Chania
>> Limassol (CY) 🇨🇾

T Ü R K I Y E 🇹🇷

[ external image ]

BIG CITIES:
🏙 Ankara, Bursa, Izmir, Antalya, Konya

PLACES MADE SMALLER:
🏙 Çanakkale, Manisa, Eskişehir, Afyon, Balıkesir, Muğla, Denizli, Isparta, Zonguldak, Alanya

FERRY CONNECTIONS:
🚢 from Alanya to:
>> Girne - Kerýnia/Κερύνεια

Cyprus follow soon!
You can find more of me in my signature!

Cheers ;)
Last edited by Aries on 04 Apr 2023 08:22, edited 3 times in total.
Brian Benton

Re: AEGEAN SEA DLC

#2 Post by Brian Benton » 03 Apr 2023 07:26

Want :o
Aries

#3 Post by Aries » 03 Apr 2023 08:26

Brian Benton wrote: 03 Apr 2023 07:26 Want :o
would be cool, yes 8-)
Brian Benton

#4 Post by Brian Benton » 03 Apr 2023 09:35

I dare say the new Aegean Sea DLC will be next after the Scandinavian expansion. Belarus and Ukraine are in doubt... There are still Ireland and Iceland. Did I forget anything? Actually Türkiye deserves a separate DLC in my opinion.
scan720

#5 Post by scan720 » 03 Apr 2023 11:06

Aries wrote: 31 Mar 2023 21:20

Hello people & SCS!
Here I present you my vision of the Aeagean Sea DLC
consisting of Greece, West-Turkey and Cyprus based on my topic Future map DLC's
With my Austria rework suggestion I wasn't far from what was actually released and that gave me a boost of energy to create this suggestion too!

➥ Map overwiev: 🇬🇷 🇹🇷 🇨🇾
[ external image ]

In the next section I will go into each country
These are just ideas and suggestions and not
finished facts that will be implemented in the future.

G R E E C E 🇬🇷

[ external image ]

BIG CITIES:
🏙 Athina Αθήνα / Thessaloniki Θεσσαλονίκη / Patra Πάτρα / Igoumenitsa Ηγουμενίτσα / Kavala Καβάλα / Larisa Λάρισα / Irakleio Ηράκλειo

PLACES MADE SMALLER:
🏙 Ioannina Ιωάννινα / Kosani Κοζάνη / Piraeus Πειραιάς / Lamia Λαμία / Trikala Τρίκαλα / Kalamata Καλαμάτα / Tripoli Τρίπολη / Alexandroupoli Αλεξανδρούπολη / Rodos Ρόδος / Chania Χανιά

FERRY CONNECTIONS:
🚢 from Piraeus to:
>> Rodos
>> Irakleio
>> Chania
>> Limassol (CY) 🇨🇾

Turkey & Cyprus follow soon!
You can find more of me in my signature!

Cheers ;)
I think they wont touch North Cyprus which is only recognized by Turkey
I also think that Korinthos and Serres are missing. But other than that, good plan ;)
ProMods Developer
Ernest

#6 Post by Ernest » 03 Apr 2023 11:35

This is a problematic in many ways setup and those who don't know both nations may be should not really involve in it:

1. This is map of a Greek ultra-nationalist utopia, Megali idea (wiki if you please): These are areas where Turks fought for survival against Greeks for their War of Independence. Having it in a single DLC, it will be insult to Turks.

2. This will also condemn Turkish players to buy 3 different DLC for their entire country population around same with Germany and Iberia.

I think Greece and their 2 big islands might be seperate and low price DLC, but including it with Turkish soil will definitely backfire...
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#7 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 03 Apr 2023 11:39

my country should have a separate DLC
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
Aries

#8 Post by Aries » 03 Apr 2023 12:41

@scan720
Yes! sure! I was thinking of Serres myself, but ingame it's a bit tight in that part - so I left it out because I don't know how much leeway the developers have, but I agree with you! :)

@LegoTechnicFanBoi
I initially thought Greece would be part of the Western Balkans DLC and Türkiye a separate one...
but when Black Sea came out with Istanbul area and soon Western Balkans without Greece I am afraid that it will be:
a) divided as in my suggestion, or
b) GR and TR coming out as separate DLCs ⬎
...from an entrepreneurial point of view the european map is slowly filling up and in order to make a profit in the future, many more DLCs/states will certainly be split into individual parts...my guess

@Ernest
This is a suggestion/idea and not a to-do list for SCS ;)
ETS2 is about driving and all we need are roads, cities, states and companies...the game is not based on politics or history but on transport.
As can be read above - I would also prefer the TR to be separate and GR to be part of the West Balkan DLC (or separate) but that is determined by the developers and income forecasts/sales figures...
Ernest

#9 Post by Ernest » 03 Apr 2023 12:49

On some part of the world, everything is about politics. And something that can hurt a demographic of people is a bad business move Just like Russia DLC is not released right now for very same reasons.

There is no sane reason to merge part of Turkey with Greece. Just do Greece and their two islands and be done with it. Just like ATS small states.

Turkish players should not need to get 3 DLC's to complete their country, especially considering their economy purchase index is quite low.
Last edited by Ernest on 03 Apr 2023 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
Aries

#10 Post by Aries » 03 Apr 2023 13:32

If we go the way of the political or historical line - every country in Europe would have to be a separate DLC...as already emphasized - it's about driving & transport! everything else is of no interest to anyone.

good that you say it! ("3 DLC's to complete their country")...SCS is a company, and companies want to make money, they don't care (much) about who can afford it...
at some point it will be on sale for a few euros, then buy it someone anyway...to come to Iberia you also need France...going east or Scandinavia to come to Finland etc...it was foreseeable that it would be like that.
Türkiye or any other country in ETS2 is not made for the respective nation but for all players! It's about the purchasing power of the entire community, not a single nation...

I'm not Scandinavian, French, Italian or Baltic either - I still own all the DLCs...although my home country isn't ingame yet...you're taking things a little too seriously > it's a suggestion/wishlist/idea from a fan and NOT a done deal from SCS.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”