AI VEHICLES or (Why do I Pay Fines when it's AI's fault)

morawatz

AI VEHICLES or (Why do I Pay Fines when it's AI's fault)

#1 Post by morawatz » 23 May 2023 09:51

Hi everyone!
I'm sure there's discussion about this somewhere here, but I couldn't find it since forum's Search engine is so rudimentary.
So, does anyone know will SCS ever fix problem with AI vehicles smashing into our trucks, after which we always pay fines no matter was it our fault or AI's?
I'd be grateful for answers, or at least a link to the thread about this.
j7n

Re: AI VEHICLES or (Why do I Pay Fines when it's AI's fault)

#2 Post by j7n » 23 May 2023 10:55

Sometimes we don't pay. Maybe you don't notice when they crash without the cash register effect. It's probably not easy to programmatically determine whose fault it was.
Madkine
Global moderator

#3 Post by Madkine » 23 May 2023 12:52

No fault is determined, you are simply fined for being in an accident. There's nothing to fix as it's working exactly as SCS intend.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
morawatz

#4 Post by morawatz » 23 May 2023 13:48

@j7n I've noticed those cases when there's no fine, but those are inconsistent and I still don't see the logic behind it except that game code see those as a light touch of the two vehicles and ignores it. Other than that, all crashes are fined on the player as if it's his fault besides traffic rules.
@Madkine I understand what you're saying, but I hope you'd agree that it's not how it works in real traffic and gameplay would be much more realistic if that little thing would be... well, fixed! Also, I can not agree with your statement that there's nothing to fix, because SCS is continuously fixing and improving game with updates since begining.

Thank you both for your replays.
SimulatorSam

#5 Post by SimulatorSam » 23 May 2023 14:54

If you look in police_data.sii, there's a 70% chance you'll get fined for having an accident and it rises to 100% if a police car saw it happen.

Code: Select all

[…]
	offence_probabilty[0]: 0.7	# car crash
[…]
	offence_police_probabilty[0]: 1.0	# car crash
[…]
morawatz

#6 Post by morawatz » 23 May 2023 15:06

thank you, mate.
Aziz

#7 Post by Aziz » 23 May 2023 23:02

Gran Turismo Sport's penalty system was generally hated for the entirety of its 5 year long lifetime. Even when it had basic rules based on typical behaviors, the automated system had a hard time determining what actually was happening on the track. Human input and judgement is essential when it comes to determining who's at fault.

So yeah it's not that easy.
taneorb

#8 Post by taneorb » 24 May 2023 15:18

I really wish they'd add something that if an AI vehicle drives into your trailer that shouldn't count as you getting fined. Like sure if I smoosh someone with a trailer then yes it's my fault. But the amount of times a car has just rocketed itself into my trailer is absurd, toll boths are terrible for this.
Frayner

#9 Post by Frayner » 24 May 2023 18:23

At toll booths they made it so the car coming from the right has the right of way. When they had it the other way around it created massive traffic jams
Intel i9 13900K, 32 GB RAM, MSI RTX™ 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G, Bigscreen Beyond
J.Random

#10 Post by J.Random » 24 May 2023 22:15

Frayner wrote: 24 May 2023 18:23 At toll booths they made it so the car coming from the right has the right of way. When they had it the other way around it created massive traffic jams
Nope. It depends on a country (or, rather, specific toll station model and defined routing).
Poland: AI merges left no matter what. France: Right lane yields. Spain: zip-merge (but also left lane may decide to divebomb into the second booth from the right on entrance, sometimes yielding to you, sometimes not; but Spain is borked in general and it doesn't seem like devs intend to fix anything). Reworked Austria (crossing from Italy) is broken, right lane gets confused and yields to the left with hazard lights on. Italy: depends on the model. With telepass lanes on the inside, left lane stays where it is, next two or three lanes zip-merge into the center lane, in the outer lanes (I think) right yields to the left; if telepass lanes are on the outside, I think lanes zip-merge in pairs (not sure).

Return to “General discussion about the game”