Requesting Your Expertise: Automating Dedicated Server Mod Updates for Euro Truck Simulator 2 (ETS2)

SpenkyMan01

Requesting Your Expertise: Automating Dedicated Server Mod Updates for Euro Truck Simulator 2 (ETS2)

#1 Post by SpenkyMan01 » 27 May 2023 20:59

Hey there, fellow form members!

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out today to tap into your collective wisdom and ask for some help with automating the update process for mods on a dedicated server for Euro Truck Simulator 2 (ETS2) from the Steam Workshop. Right now, manually updating the server with the latest mod versions is a real time sink, and I'm convinced that finding a way to automate this process would save us a ton of time and effort.

Basically, what I'm looking for is advice on how to set up an automatic system that keeps our ETS2 mods up to date by pulling updates directly from the Steam Workshop. Of course, I understand that we'll need the mod packages to make this work, but I'm hoping to streamline the whole process and make sure our mods are always up to speed.

I'd be extremely grateful for any insights, suggestions, or recommended approaches you might have on this topic, Here are a few specific things I'd love to hear about:
  • Do you know of any tools or scripts that are great for automating the ETS2 mod update process from the Steam Workshop to our dedicated server?
  • Are there any best practices or important things to consider when implementing an automated update system for ETS2 mods?
  • How can we ensure that the update process doesn't mess with the server's functionality or cause any compatibility issues with other ETS2 mods or the game itself?
  • Are there any resources, tutorials, or documentation that you found helpful in understanding and implementing an automated update system for ETS2 mods?
I know your experience and knowledge will be incredibly valuable in helping us create a smoother and more efficient mod update process for our dedicated server in Euro Truck Simulator 2. Thanks a bunch in advance for taking the time to lend a hand.

If you have any questions or need more details, please don't hesitate to respond to this post or reach out to me directly.

Cheers,
SpenkyMan01
SirWolf

Re: Requesting Your Expertise: Automating Dedicated Server Mod Updates for Euro Truck Simulator 2 (ETS2)

#2 Post by SirWolf » 16 Nov 2023 18:10

+1, I have the same problem. Same for American Truck Simulator.
byacar

Re: Requesting Your Expertise: Automating Dedicated Server Mod Updates for Euro Truck Simulator 2 (ETS2)

#3 Post by byacar » 07 Feb 2024 16:22

Have you found a solution to update the version related to the issue?

Return to “Technical Problems”