New digital mirrors in 1.47

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Sanax

New digital mirrors in 1.47

#1 Post by Sanax » 29 May 2023 08:24

I've already asked a question in that thread viewtopic.php?p=1817660#p1817660, but I haven't gotten any answers in a week...
I will try to ask the question again here.

Has anyone experimented with the new UI IDs? Have you tried adding additional digital mirrors under UI ID 1650 - digital hood mirrors?

It's a great opportunity that the developers have added such a gift to us, but having tried it I haven't had any success. If I use the "cam_h" and "cam_m_h" camera locators for the hood mirror as in ATS I get a game crash.

Has anyone encountered the same problem? Or can some other camera locator be used for this type of mirror in ETS2?
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: New digital mirrors in 1.47

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 May 2023 08:28

you get a game crash because ETS2 is missing mirror data in game_data.sii and mirror_data.sii that ATS has for the 1 extra mirror the game uses, keep in mind that this extra mirror cant be adjusted ingame in ETS2
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Sanax

#3 Post by Sanax » 29 May 2023 08:37

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 29 May 2023 08:28 you get a game crash because ETS2 is missing mirror data in game_data.sii and mirror_data.sii that ATS has for the 1 extra mirror the game uses, keep in mind that this extra mirror cant be adjusted ingame in ETS2
Thank you for your reply. That's too bad of course. I was really hoping for that mirror.
Strangely enough in Modding Wiki there is no mention of this ID that it only applies to ATS and also in the ETS2 base files I found the hood mirror textures.
Last edited by Sanax on 29 May 2023 09:06, edited 2 times in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 May 2023 08:47

i added them when i ported over the Cascadia, what i didnt try yet is to maybe copy over the UI for mirror adjustmensts, ETS2 should be able to do it also but just dont need it because we dont have hood mirrors in the sense of ATS (ATS right hood mirror is just ETS2 front mirror)
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Sanax

#5 Post by Sanax » 29 May 2023 09:06

I was now thinking again why I thought this mirror could be set up in ETS2.

See news on changes to ETS2 1.47: https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Games/ ... uides/1.47 here they explicitly state that they have added new Dashboard Display IDs and IDs 1620-1650 for mirrors for ETS2. So they declare that 1650 should work in ETS2.

[ external image ]

Well hopefully in the next update they will give an opportunity to implement it.

For now in my Volvo 2020 project I have left just the preparation for this mirror. I used it as a right blindspot camera, like in a real truck. Hopefully with the scope on their 2020 Volvo truck they have added this :)

[ external image ]
Sanax

#6 Post by Sanax » 29 May 2023 09:15

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 29 May 2023 08:47 i added them when i ported over the Cascadia, what i didnt try yet is to maybe copy over the UI for mirror adjustmensts, ETS2 should be able to do it also but just dont need it because we dont have hood mirrors in the sense of ATS (ATS right hood mirror is just ETS2 front mirror)
You managed to get it to work by copying data from game_data.sii and mirror_data.sii from ATS? Thanks for the tip. I can try to do this for myself, but I certainly won't be able to add it to the public mod. I hope they fix it after all.

How do I get through to the developers? I take it their goal was to add this mirror since they explicitly wrote the news about it, but just missed some details.

Thought about writing to the bug report section, but it says right there in the rules that do not accept reports from systems with mods :D
xXCARL1992Xx

#7 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 May 2023 09:21

[ external image ]

you just need to add the missing string to both files and add them to your mod, copying the whole file (both of them) is not good because they do have differences between both games, i just tested if copying over the set_mirror ui would work, well i kinda does but i can adjust right wide angle mirror 2x now :rofl:

regarding the mirrors, they said they added "digital" equivalent to normal mirror, but not that ETS2 now magically support a mirror that doesnt exist on these trucks
[ external image ]
Sanax

#8 Post by Sanax » 29 May 2023 12:50

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 29 May 2023 09:21 you just need to add the missing string to both files and add them to your mod, copying the whole file (both of them) is not good because they do have differences between both games, i just tested if copying over the set_mirror ui would work, well i kinda does but i can adjust right wide angle mirror 2x now :rofl:

regarding the mirrors, they said they added "digital" equivalent to normal mirror, but not that ETS2 now magically support a mirror that doesnt exist on these trucks
You've been a great help to me, man! Thank you, man. Got the camera working. But now the second question is how to adjust the brightness of the image. The image of this digital mirror is very bright in some conditions for some reason. All other screens on the display work correctly. So it's not about display material shader settings. Is there probably a setting for the mirror texture somewhere?

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#9 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 May 2023 12:57

the mirrors dif.lum set right ? MAN uses 2000 for day and 3.1 for night, also it is mapped right ? man uses UV 2.5;-2.5 and vertex color might also play a role i think
[ external image ]
Sanax

#10 Post by Sanax » 29 May 2023 14:20

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 29 May 2023 12:57 the mirrors dif.lum set right ? MAN uses 2000 for day and 3.1 for night, also it is mapped right ? man uses UV 2.5;-2.5 and vertex color might also play a role i think
It's not just a mirror, it's a main display with GPS screen. I used the same settings as the MAN - 2000 10. It's also definitely not material, because all the other screens - GPS, different pictures, etc. have the correct brightness at this point. So this is on the camera side. Maybe it's because of the angle of the camera locator... UV I use as previously 3;-3, which I have specified in the dashboard colours.

You're technically savvy... Can I ask one more question without getting up twice, as they say? :)

Do you know how to calculate the vector path for ui_gauge element type? To get coordinates like

Code: Select all

min: &be800000
 max: &433b999a
UPD What else is interesting. The camera image is completely missing at night and starts working after 5am

Return to “Help requests”