DIY BUTTON BOX

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
bonini

DIY BUTTON BOX

#1 Post by bonini » 29 May 2023 09:50

Hello , i just bought my ets2 and thinking about adding a DIY button box
this might be a dumb question , i have an unused USB Soundcard , could i somehow transform it into a button box ?

https://ibb.co/0mHfrgj

this is the model of the usb soundcard, i just tought maybe this card can turn into button box since it has usb connection , buttons and etc lol

i've searched everywhere for someone to turn their soundboard into button box but seems like no one doing it, is it because its not possible?
thanks !
Last edited by Madkine on 31 May 2023 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed broken image tag
tinusman

Re: DIY BUTTON BOX

#2 Post by tinusman » 30 May 2023 11:32

your image is not showing up.

and it`s impossible to make a i/o card out of a soundcard.

but bee the first to try😂

BUT, with a microphone and Speech Recognition software🤷‍♀️
perhaps you can re_use your soundcard, just give it a try.

good luck
TheOtherCorey

#3 Post by TheOtherCorey » 02 Jun 2023 03:58

You’ll want usb encoders for a button box. That’s the cheapest plug and play option. I have a home made button box that used a dash panel from a Volvo WIA.
Sorry for my english, I'm american.
[ external image ]
HICHAM

#4 Post by HICHAM » 03 Jun 2023 18:40

You can buy a cheap generic usb gamepad for PC. You can also use an xbox 360 one for example but the other is way cheaper.. and with some soldering skills you can use it as the brains of your DIY button box.. I use one as an ignition with separate electricity and engine start. Plus some various buttons for retarder and other options.. and I made with another one an Hshifter because the game can let you map any button as a gear option... Also with splitter and range buttons.... What I mean is with some imagination you can do lots of things
English isn't my native language

Amateur Skinner.. ( feel free to criticize and give feedback)

Return to “Help requests”