Adaptive Cruise control Bugs

Emmerich

Adaptive Cruise control Bugs

#1 Post by Emmerich » 29 May 2023 10:29

Often on small steep curves or even on some highway exits the truck starts to brake even there is no vehicle around and setup is to only vehicles.
This behavior is same if normal cruise control is off or not. Anyways, you can avoid this behavior if you deactivate the adaptive cruise control.
Unfortunately, after reactivating adaptive cruise control its always set to 40m even it was set to 20m before.
Another problem is that in narrow curves the truck in front of me gets much closer than 20m, it seems the ACC sensors can't see vehicles which are side shiftet..would not be there a way to change the view of the sensor to the direction the truck goes not only straight ahead?
Anyways the most of the time I only can say thank you so much, its a great tools for scenic enthusiasts like me :-)
ilovevolvo

Re: Adaptive Cruise control Bugs

#2 Post by ilovevolvo » 17 Jun 2023 22:03

Its a good idea of a feature with how bad the AI is, but it doesn't work right now. It is an alpha at best. The distance setting is inaccurate (any), the intensity of braking is disproportionate and yes, the "sensor" is a straight line drawn from the truck. this means curves and hills with cause it to engage with things not in your lane/path.

What you are experience is how it works. It is not bugs, it is how they released it. I cannot recall but i think they said it was one of those things they will keep working on with patches, like the road bumps.
when potholes and winter?

Return to “Bugs 1.47”