Traffic lights!!!!

NemesysTrans

Traffic lights!!!!

#1 Post by NemesysTrans » 31 May 2023 14:26

Ok, this has been bugging me for quite some time now. I didn't know if I should have created this under the "Bug" forum or here.

Now, I'm guessing that the nice people at SCS have almost never driven in the US, so I will excuse them for this obvious lack in American Truck Simulator. It is with traffic lights. It kills my immersion each time. Maybe that is not something you have in Europe but here, in the US, we have what I would call "smart traffic lights". I've lived in Virginia for over 25 years. Been to Washington DC and drove back to Canada quite a few times along the east coast. I also lived 5 years in the Bay Area of California. Been to Los Angeles a few times, San Francisco of course. I also drove across the country twice.

At almost every single place I've been, the traffic lights are smart. In the sense of, for example, if there are no cars in the left turn lane, the left turn signal DOES NOT come on. It just infuriates me when I'm coming down with a heavy load and have to start downshifting because the traffic light ahead is red because the turn left signal in the opposing direction is green while there are NO cars!

Also, many intersections in the US have what I would call "privileged" streets. What I mean by that is that for important streets and roads, the traffic lights stay green unless some traffic shows up in the less important crossing streets. But, I would imagine that this could be little more complicated to implement, but not impossible.

Seriously, when I have to wait at an intersection because the light is red while the other side is green when there are NO cars, it really breaks my immersion.

Maybe I'll try to find the suggestion forum. I can't imagine that nobody reported this before...
MirM

Re: Traffic lights!!!!

#2 Post by MirM » 31 May 2023 15:12

@NemesysTrans

Why are you posting the same topic 5 days later? - viewtopic.php?t=320280
Could it be memory problems? :?:

------------
Sorry, I'm using a translator.
NemesysTrans

#3 Post by NemesysTrans » 31 May 2023 15:16

I just realized there was a feature wishlist and suggestion sub-forum. Just want to make sure it is seen by the powers that be.
GinXeng

#4 Post by GinXeng » 31 May 2023 22:41

Thats not how its done, making multiple forums of the same topic will most likely get it ignored or deleted.
NemesysTrans

#5 Post by NemesysTrans » 31 May 2023 22:46

So be it! It was an honest mistake. You guys don't have anything else to do than pester people who make mistakes???
flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 01 Jun 2023 02:00

I wouldn't say its pestering you. You literally copied the exact same thing word for word and made a new post days later. They are just telling you it will get deleted or locked.

I do agree with the post though. I think SCS is aware. I've seen several threads talking about it. I've even said the same things over since ProMods Canada released years ago for ATS as I've been a part of those threads. Believe me, I've been vocal about it and I'm here everyday. I honestly think once the engine update is out, that frees up programmers to really start focusing on the small details of the game that brings a lot of simple immersion.
NemesysTrans

#7 Post by NemesysTrans » 01 Jun 2023 15:03

Thank you. I honestly didn't know about the double posting, that's why I said it was an honest mistake. And, of course, I did recopy my original message. Was not going to retype the entire same content.
GinXeng

#8 Post by GinXeng » 01 Jun 2023 22:43

NemesysTrans wrote: 31 May 2023 22:46You guys don't have anything else to do than pester people who make mistakes???
What do you mean? I literally come here when I have nothing else to do.
NemesysTrans

#9 Post by NemesysTrans » 01 Jun 2023 22:51

I didn't ask if you were coming here when you have nothing to do, I asked if you come annoy people who do mistakes when you have nothing to do...
GinXeng

#10 Post by GinXeng » 02 Jun 2023 01:18

Getting annoyed by trying to help you out sounds like a personal problem to me, I just cleared my schedule for you :D

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”