Custom cargoes and loads.

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
mailtrain

Custom cargoes and loads.

#1 Post by mailtrain » 31 May 2023 19:52

Hello

I've been looking around at some of the trucking in my area of Ontario, and have been seeing a lot of unique loads for enclosed and open trailers that are not in game. Various types of machinery and steel products. How can you create custom loads for basegame trailers? Jazzycat makes cargo packs and stuff, so how could I make a load for a rolling curtain trailer? I can't find any info online, but I figured there must be a way.

Thanks
Mailtrain
al_batros

Re: Custom cargoes and loads.

#2 Post by al_batros » 01 Jun 2023 14:04

If you don´t need it "visible" on a flatbed, but just want "images" showing up in cargo/freightmarket, have a look at this mod for Walmart related Cargos: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2860206647
(Subscribe to it, wait for it being downloaded, then check the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\270880\2860206647 for content.)
I usually copy the content from those directories to a local folder in order not to risk screwing up the original.
The cargo mods I do for myself are w/o images. I am sitting inside the truck, you know ;-)
Hope this helps!
al_batros
SerPounce

#3 Post by SerPounce » 01 Jun 2023 14:18

@al_batros I was not aware of the mod you linked. Seems so fascinating. I will try that and the UPS mod by the same author today, thanks a lot!
al_batros

#4 Post by al_batros » 01 Jun 2023 14:53

These mods "add" additional cargos to the game. If you just want to haul your own cargos (or these from the mods), you would need to "clean" the SCS game /def/cargo.dlc* and /def/cargo.sii files to disable all the "default" cargos the game comes with.
(Clean: replace file with empty file or comment out all the @include statements inside with a # in front of them)
You might run into some dead ends though ;-)
SerPounce

#5 Post by SerPounce » 01 Jun 2023 15:04

No no, I'm okay with just additional cargoes! I was just curious about this thread because I'm always up for MOAR cargoes. 😁
mailtrain

#6 Post by mailtrain » 01 Jun 2023 19:38

How do you actually create the new loads though? Do you just copy one of the SUI files from the and edit it to the stuff you want?
Last edited by mailtrain on 01 Jun 2023 19:43, edited 2 times in total.
Guo Feng

#7 Post by Guo Feng » 03 Jun 2023 07:36

Is there a way to solve the problem of being stuck at 27 tons after modifying the mass?
sorry i use google translate
al_batros

#8 Post by al_batros » 03 Jun 2023 07:47

Basically yes!

- from the mentioned Walmart mod, for starters, you could drop the /material and /locale folder.
- this leaves you with a basic structure and files that you would have to mimic or just change.
- best would be: create a folder inside your ATS/mod folder i.e. ATS/mod/myCargoMod. No need to zip etc.
- /def/cargo/mycargo.sui -> mod to your liking, as well as the cargo name you want, don't use "@@bla@@" as it refers to the translations...
Modding Wiki: https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... cargo_data
- /def/cargo/cargo.mymod.sii -> this needs to have an @include "cargo/mycargo.sui", referring to the cargo file above, otherwise your cargo will not show up at all.
- /def/company/<someCompany>/out/mycargo.sii and /def/company/<otherCompany>/in/mycargo.sii creates the "relations" between which companies this cargo will be transported. Make sure that the "cargo.mycargo" is the same as specified in the /def/cargo/mycargo.sui. (The file in the in/out directory is the same per cargo, so you create it once and then copy wherever you want it to emerge from / be transported to.)

Depending on the changes you made,when reloading the profile, a "g_force_economy_reset 1" and another reload may be necessary (or sleeping multiple times in a row) in order to actually see, if your cargo is being created. https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... _variables

So it's like:
- edit mod
- reload profile (should reset economy from previous g_force_economy_reset 1)
- check if cargos are what you wanted.
- g_force_economy_reset 1
- quit profile
- check game.log
- rinse, repeat.

If you have unpacked the Game /def folder, you can also check there for more ideas, like specifying trailers etc. -> It's a journey... ;-)
Hope this gets you started.
al_batros

#9 Post by al_batros » 03 Jun 2023 08:03

Guo Feng wrote: 03 Jun 2023 07:36 Is there a way to solve the problem of being stuck at 27 tons after modifying the mass?
Check the "overweight: true" in https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... cargo_data
(I have never tried, but from the base game cargo defs it looks like this would be it.)

Return to “Help requests”