Quiet Petes?

tacothekid

Quiet Petes?

#1 Post by tacothekid » 03 Jun 2023 05:45

First, sorry if this is not the correct place to post this. My question is, why are the Petes so quiet in game? Both the 389 and 589 (or whatever) are quiet, engine wise. I thought that the 389 would be like the Kenny W9, but both are quiet. I am using the latest sound fixes mod, so am I missing something for those two trucks, specifically, or am I just not realizing something?
flight50

Re: Quiet Petes?

#2 Post by flight50 » 03 Jun 2023 11:10

Latest sound fix mod? There are tons of sound mods out there. You have to be more specific. You might want to try a different mod if it doesn't meet your expectations.

The Pete 579 is a fleet aero dynamic truck. Modern day fleet trucks are all quiet for the most part. If you want loud, classic style is pretty much your best route.
Anna K

#3 Post by Anna K » 03 Jun 2023 11:18

I'm assuming this Sound Fixes Pack? Might be better off asking there or here.
Been using this mod in both games for years and I'm not experiencing any oddities. Having said that, Sound Fixes Pack, afaik, doesn't deal with truck engine sounds, that's more up Kriechbaum's alley, I think.
Drive Safely

#4 Post by Drive Safely » 03 Jun 2023 11:32

Sound Fixes Pack deals with the miscellaneous sounds in the game that are not specific to the player truck.

It is best paired with an engine sound mod for your truck. There are multiple sound modders that have engines suitable for the Peterbilt. Kriechbaum, Slav Jerry, to name a few. :)

Return to “General discussion about the game”