Skin over game paint job

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
intrepid31

Skin over game paint job

#1 Post by intrepid31 » 03 Jun 2023 19:34

OK, so i would like to make my truck a little more realistic by adding D.O.T and a company name and logo to it. Simple just create a skin i can do that.
But what i want to do is place that skin over a game paint job like "Hot Flames" or "Sunset". But I haven't been able to figure this out, is it even possible?
bigjoe

Re: Skin over game paint job

#2 Post by bigjoe » 05 Jun 2023 01:17

A real easy way to add text over a airbrushed skin like that is to create a new 3d layer around the truck. It can be as simple as the area you're wanting to add the text. After that, you just uv map it, add the text and any other images/info you want into the .dds that the new part is assigned to, and then make sure your alpha is set correctly. This will allow you to have everything transparent except for the parts you want shown (text, images, etc). It's similar to how folks can easily add letters and images to their chrome and other not-so-common areas.

If you're not a modder though, see how the skin is laid out. You might be able to put your text directly onto the skin. Sometimes it can be an issue if the skin is one sided. It'll flip the text on one side.

Return to “Help requests”