One thing both ETS2 and ATS are missing

Road_Rumbler

One thing both ETS2 and ATS are missing

#1 Post by Road_Rumbler » 04 Jun 2023 09:00

When I turned on the engine today I recall something is not adding up. In reality, when you turn the engine on after the truck's been sitting there for awhile the engine's rpm is a little high so it warms up the engine and proper oil lubrication can happen, you also get a cold engine warning light just so you're aware. Then the engine's RPM tends to stablize and drop a bit by 100 or 200 rpm roughly. Another thing also is when you change gears especially on a diesel truck the rpm tends to drop and the truck's tune changes because it's in a diffrent gear which is when you need to apply power. Both simulator titles do not feature realistic engine operation at this time, if SCS could aim for this to be achieved it would mean alot and make alot of sense as well. If you'd decide to drive off with a cold engine, the truck's performance will be decreased until the oil is nice n' hot so it flows easy and smoothly.

There should be an option to allow or disable truck's engine starting pre-heated or cold if it's sitting there.
Roane Gaming

Re: One thing both ETS2 and ATS are missing

#2 Post by Roane Gaming » 07 Jun 2023 06:16

The engine cold start is a good idea, however the rpms dropping is not missing at least not in my game in manual gearboxes and BTW that's two things not one lol.
GT182

#3 Post by GT182 » 07 Jun 2023 20:37

This goes for both ETS2 and ATS.

Another is fixing the 5th wheel. SCS has had a long time to get this correct but haven't even tried from what I see. Someone needs to get it sitting at the proper angle in needs to be in when no trailer is unhooked to the truck. And also have that familiar sound when hooking up or unhooking a trailer.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 07 Jun 2023 20:41

maybe tighten up the mechanise on the 5th wheel so it doesnt slop ?, just yesterday i unhooked and hooked up a silo trailer on a truck with over 1 million kilometers, which is roughly 8years old and the 5th wheel was horizontal as possible and didnt slope the moment the trailer was not attached to it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
GT182

#5 Post by GT182 » 10 Jun 2023 01:23

If it was a real-life truck Carl, I'd say it wasn't completely greased properly or just plain worn out and in need of being replaced. They aren't supposed to stay horizontal if working properly. And it's one hell of a way to damage a trailer.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”