Minor QoL Suggestions

#';

Minor QoL Suggestions

#1 Post by #'; » 05 Jun 2023 08:19

Just small adjustments for QoL purposes, mostly UI stuff.

Main menu layout. Related items should be grouped or at least in the same relative position. I've attached a 5 min MS Paint example.

Remove superfluous prompts for actions. e.g. after buying a garage a new menu doesn't need to appear to say you bought it. This makes the menus feel slow and clunky. You've already spent your money at this point so it won't even catch accidental purchases.

Menu animation times are too long (time for menu boxes to appear / menu pages to change). An option to disable transitions altogether (assuming this is just an artistic factor) would be appreciated.

Table ordering keeps resetting, e.g. when you sell a truck in the Truck Manager. Also when a truck is sold it'd be useful if your relative place in the list would be kept, e.g. if the truck in slot 25 was sold your place in the table, with your ordering still applied, would be slot 24. Currently you are reset to the top of the table with your ordering reset every single time.

Add the ability to navigate from the map to the garage manager and back via the relevant hot keys or with menu icons.

Alerts, e.g. for weigh bridges, should not appear over the on-screen GPS map hiding the GPS, a scrolling alert at the top for example would be sufficient (the existing top alert bar is enough honestly). This alert also pops up far too close to the weigh station so when driving at the speed limit it can result in slamming the brakes to slow enough.

When you fast-travel to a garage, the truck should be facing the road not the garage (ideally I'd like to see it actually in the garage, facing out). Trailers are already disconnected when fast travelling so I assume that wouldn't be a concern.

When managing trucks, remember x,y,z position of map between menus. Currently it keeps resetting to player position. e.g. if I'm in Germany and want to manage vehicles in the UK in ETS2, or managing trucks in Washington but my character is in Texas in ATS.

"Sell All" option in garage manager to sell all trucks from the selected garage.

Menus should remember Table or Map view independently. e.g. I can have garage manager on map view but truck manager on table view.

Zoom out further on map, & job selection map needs at least a zoom-in option.

Bigger suggestions:
New option: When the truck is on a straight piece of road, and the truck is almost perfectly straight (exact value would need tested, but it'd need to be REALLY close), the game should centre the truck automatically to be perfectly straight, perhaps using the line the AI vehicles use, and would kick off when the road starts to curve again or the player steers again. A toggle from the game options ideally.

Additional copy config option: Full Configuration - Excluding Paint Job. Currently having one off paint jobs for special trucks is discouraged when you have a large fleet to manage.

Just for fun:
Owned trucks assigned to drivers should appear in traffic, they are already tracked on the map. A nice touch would be for them to flash their lights when you see them :)
Attachments
ATS Menu.png
trainguy_gaming

Re: Minor QoL Suggestions

#2 Post by trainguy_gaming » 07 Jun 2023 00:50

#'; wrote: 05 Jun 2023 08:19 Just small adjustments for QoL purposes, mostly UI stuff.

Main menu layout. Related items should be grouped or at least in the same relative position. I've attached a 5 min MS Paint example.

Remove superfluous prompts for actions. e.g. after buying a garage a new menu doesn't need to appear to say you bought it. This makes the menus feel slow and clunky. You've already spent your money at this point so it won't even catch accidental purchases.

Menu animation times are too long (time for menu boxes to appear / menu pages to change). An option to disable transitions altogether (assuming this is just an artistic factor) would be appreciated.

Table ordering keeps resetting, e.g. when you sell a truck in the Truck Manager. Also when a truck is sold it'd be useful if your relative place in the list would be kept, e.g. if the truck in slot 25 was sold your place in the table, with your ordering still applied, would be slot 24. Currently you are reset to the top of the table with your ordering reset every single time.

Add the ability to navigate from the map to the garage manager and back via the relevant hot keys or with menu icons.

Alerts, e.g. for weigh bridges, should not appear over the on-screen GPS map hiding the GPS, a scrolling alert at the top for example would be sufficient (the existing top alert bar is enough honestly). This alert also pops up far too close to the weigh station so when driving at the speed limit it can result in slamming the brakes to slow enough.

When you fast-travel to a garage, the truck should be facing the road not the garage (ideally I'd like to see it actually in the garage, facing out). Trailers are already disconnected when fast travelling so I assume that wouldn't be a concern.

When managing trucks, remember x,y,z position of map between menus. Currently it keeps resetting to player position. e.g. if I'm in Germany and want to manage vehicles in the UK in ETS2, or managing trucks in Washington but my character is in Texas in ATS.

"Sell All" option in garage manager to sell all trucks from the selected garage.

Menus should remember Table or Map view independently. e.g. I can have garage manager on map view but truck manager on table view.

Zoom out further on map, & job selection map needs at least a zoom-in option.

Bigger suggestions:
New option: When the truck is on a straight piece of road, and the truck is almost perfectly straight (exact value would need tested, but it'd need to be REALLY close), the game should centre the truck automatically to be perfectly straight, perhaps using the line the AI vehicles use, and would kick off when the road starts to curve again or the player steers again. A toggle from the game options ideally.

Additional copy config option: Full Configuration - Excluding Paint Job. Currently having one off paint jobs for special trucks is discouraged when you have a large fleet to manage.

Just for fun:
Owned trucks assigned to drivers should appear in traffic, they are already tracked on the map. A nice touch would be for them to flash their lights when you see them :)
I agree

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”