Altering Speeding Behavior in AI Traffic

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
cydonianmystery

Altering Speeding Behavior in AI Traffic

#1 Post by cydonianmystery » 05 Jun 2023 20:03

I've been slowly working on my own AI traffic mod over the last few months, and I'm wondering what files and/or values control speeding behavior in AI traffic. But I have no idea what actually controls speeders in this game, and after searching fruitlessly for answers I just decided to try asking someone.
LeafeonGold

Re: Altering Speeding Behavior in AI Traffic

#2 Post by LeafeonGold » 11 Jun 2023 09:16

it's not an exposed value in \def\traffic_data.sii, however I imported this data from a super old version of the game, and it still works paired with other traffic mods.

Code: Select all

speed_lane_intervals_min: 1000
	speed_lane_coef_range: (0.8, 1.2) 
	speed_lane_default: 150 
	speed_lane_coef_gap: 15
the coef_range controls what speed ai will be at in their lane, as a percentage of 0-100%+ (these settings are anywhere from 80 to 120% of the speed limit)
the coef_gap is the maximum speed above the speed limit that the ai will travel, in km/h. (this setting is +15 km/h)

I'm not sure what the interval line controls, and I now have a good idea of what speed_lane_default does, and I guess it sets the speed of vehicles when they spawn in, which here is set to 150 km/h, but should definitely be set lower, as I've had many incidents of speeding ai in urban zones wreaking havoc, and rear ending me or other ai cars at speed. :lol:
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW |//| 32GB RAM
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
cydonianmystery

Re: Altering Speeding Behavior in AI Traffic

#3 Post by cydonianmystery » 15 Jun 2023 21:55

Thanks! This is very helpful.

Return to “Help requests”