New to Sim - what are reliable/legit sites for mods/addons?

OldTiredSailor

New to Sim - what are reliable/legit sites for mods/addons?

#1 Post by OldTiredSailor » 06 Jun 2023 19:38

I have been running simulations, both professionally and as a gamer, for over 40-years. I am heavily involved, both hardware and software, with Microsoft Flight Sim 2020, Assetto Corsa, Train Sim Classic.

ATS looks wonderful and I am just beginning my education and usage. I see a lot of sites with mods/addons and wonder which are the best for legit/high quality addons.

I don't mind paying for addons but it sure looks like this community has a vast array of free or very inexpensive addons.

SO - From where can I safely download?

I use Steam for all my games and assume that is the logical way to do ATS? Have I got that right?

I have a dedicated gaming machine with no security software but download to a separate machine that is loaded with security stuff. Once the download passes all those tests - I move it to the gaming machine.
Last edited by OldTiredSailor on 06 Jun 2023 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: New to Sim - what are reliable/legit sites for mods/addons?

#2 Post by Mohegan13 » 07 Jun 2023 09:10

This forum, Steam Workshop, and an individual authors own website. Those are the only places you should really trust.

Personally I would say just use Workshop since it's the easiest for the average mod user and you don't have to worry about dodgy links and ads.

I would advise avoiding any other site as they are not monitored (even if they claim they do), any one can upload anything, including outdated/stolen content.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
nautofon

Re: New to Sim - what are reliable/legit sites for mods/addons?

#3 Post by nautofon » 11 Jun 2023 11:06

Personally, I the only place I look for mods is the mods section here on the forum. But I only use a small number of mods, mostly UI stuff, so YMMV.

Note that not all mods can exist on the Steam Workshop due to limited OS support and licensing issues. There's no one place that has all mods.
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD

Return to “Frequently Asked Question”