Antartica Map!!

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
SETrucker

Antartica Map!!

#1 Post by SETrucker » 07 Jun 2023 14:55

Talked and asked with PenguinR05 and this is what I got answered:

Sent: 09 May 2023, 17:28 by PenguinR05

I personally don't see a reason to continue that map in particular, I don't like the state I left it in,
rebuilding it would take too much time and is better spent redoing it from ground up in my opinion.
There's a few rather large issues with Antarctica mapping considering the mercator projection and
was not taken into consideration well at the time and could surely be made better by someone
more knowledgeable and patient.

TLDR: I can't recommend continuing it, however anyone's allowed to make their own.

-So it's free to make a new one if you want, I can't manage to do it anyway.
YouTube channel for Euro Truck Simulator 2:
Follow my different missions on my channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC0ASSqpFaNfS9vBYW4nqhrQ
New 2 video every dag!!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.4-4.9 GHz
LordSithGames

Re: Antartica Map!!

#2 Post by LordSithGames » 08 Jun 2023 15:41

Someone could take over and update this project, as he will no longer update or continue with the map.
SETrucker

Re: Antartica Map!!

#3 Post by SETrucker » 09 Jun 2023 01:54

Yes... :)
YouTube channel for Euro Truck Simulator 2:
Follow my different missions on my channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC0ASSqpFaNfS9vBYW4nqhrQ
New 2 video every dag!!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.4-4.9 GHz

Return to “Help requests”