ATS Licensed Trailers Discussion

Which trailer brand do you think SCS will add next to ATS?

Wabash
29%
Utility
16%
Manac
19%
Great Dane
17%
Wilson
1%
Polar
No votes
Hyundai
9%
MAC
4%
Vanguard
No votes
Fontaine
3%
Other (feel free to mention it in a comment)
3%

Total votes: 70

andreb

Re: ATS Licensed Trailers Discussion

#11 Post by andreb » 09 Jun 2023 21:38

I would love to see Manac enter the game that make a lot of trailers.
flight50

#12 Post by flight50 » 09 Jun 2023 23:43

Today’s blog is a great reason to push for more licensed trailer in ATS. Many companies have logos....including Scheinder. Some run certain trailer brands too. What if they also approached SCS to run there famous orange trailer scheme in AI traffic. What happen with Swift when they contacted SCS a couple of years ago. Any Swift billboards coming?

More licensed ATS trailers, with real life companies could really take off. I always say there is a lot of potential in these games with the partners that keep approaching SCS. It’s going beyond causal fans. Industry partners are watching and it’s a good platform to promote. I know in the US, billboards, radio and tv commercials are the 3 biggest forms of advertisements.
Last edited by flight50 on 10 Jun 2023 04:21, edited 1 time in total.
JoeAlex23

#13 Post by JoeAlex23 » 10 Jun 2023 03:06

Totally agree with that, we really need more real brands in ATS, specially the trailers, and also some accessories for the trucks like more tires brands and even an official Alcoa wheels DLC at some point, anything that improves the immersion of the game.

But also, and i know this is a hot take, i personally believe they should draw the line at "real life companies" depots in game, the only ones that should have that are truck and trailers manufacturer, but the rest of the companies we delivery and take cargo from should stay fictional to keep some consistency in the game, if any real life company wants to be in the game, just put them on a billboard.
velles

#14 Post by velles » 10 Jun 2023 11:36

I don't think they should draw the line there. They shouldn't pursue that specifically, but if some real life company approaches them and SCS will manage to get a permission to add their depots to the game they definitely should add it. Yes, it would be somewhat inconsistent, but there are already few real life depots in ETS2 and ATS, also we already have for example fictional tire brands existing together with licenced ones while GTS/UKTS and early versions of ETS2 had fictional truck brands next to the real ones (Mercedes was still branded as Majestic even at the time of Scandinavia DLC release) so one real life company existing alongside fictional companies wouldn't be any more inconsistent than these examples.

In fact, IMO it would be weirder to have a Schneider logo spawning on AI trailers while having no Schneider depots in the game.
flight50

#15 Post by flight50 » 10 Jun 2023 12:47

Yeah I have to agree with velles on this one. I would put zero restrictions on the game. I think SCS should be approached and not them seek partners beyond trucks, trailers and tuning parts. If others want in, either it’s completely free to SCS or SCS gets paid.

The real company logo mods only covers so much so real + fake companies exist anyways. The more that see SCS advertise, the more acknowledgement SCS and their games get. In turn, companies can advertise for SCS. Example: Swift paint skins make ATS. Real life Swift billboards in the US can advertise for both Swift and ATS. Billboard can say....try out our trucks in ATS (download on Steam). Like what you a virtual world, come sign up with us with 10k signing bonus and 0.35 cents a mile your first year.
velles

#16 Post by velles » 10 Jun 2023 13:10

Obviously it ultimately depends what their industry partners want - if Schneider wants just ads or trailers spawning in traffic but not their depots - I'm okay with that (it would be kinda weird, but I'm all for having more real life stuff in any form - if SCS gets it for free or is being paid that a win-win, even if someone will approach them and wants some money but at a bargain price* they should consider that as well).
* I don't know what's a bargain price when it comes to licencing agreements but people at SCS probably have that idea, so it's up to them.

BTW I can get that someone might get annoyed by some inconsistencies - though personally the only inconsistency that annoys me is that recent AI cars are fictional GTA style vehicles (while earlier ones were realistic despite being unlicenced - if AI cars were fictional designs from the begining I would have less issue with that, but they were exact replicas of real life cars) and that some fictional companies represent two (or more) different real life companies. On the other hand I don't have a problem with fictional brands existing with real ones.
JoeAlex23

#17 Post by JoeAlex23 » 10 Jun 2023 15:49

And that's why i said it was a hot take, i also wouldn't mind seeing trucks from Schneider, Swift and similar in traffic, i don't have a problem with that, but for me, new companies that we use in the game should stay fictional besides trucks and trailers manufacturers.
flight50

#18 Post by flight50 » 10 Jun 2023 16:21

I do like logistic hubs as real companies. I probably should have said that earlier. Other companies don't make a ton of sense but if they want in, SCS can decide. Now I don't know about flooding the game with real logistics companies. Not at 1:20 scale. Maybe the first 5 that want in get in. Beyond that, SCS would have to balance the depots by swapping in newer ones while decreasing the total per company the larger the map gets.

No telling where it can go though. But good potential. Hopefully Oscar is already working on deals with North American companies for more licensed trailers. Of the list provided in post one, surely not every single one of them will say no to SCS.
velles

#19 Post by velles » 10 Jun 2023 16:43

If SCS will be approached by some company with some interesting offer - they should accept it. I wouldn't mind real life few cargo companies, even as a deliverable depots. But obviously they should focus on truck related stuff first.
Back to the topic of trailers - it seems that European trailer manufacturers are on the better terms with SCS than the American ones, that's why ETS2 already has 3 trailer packs and 2 more in the way while ATS has only one. On the other hand American truck manufacturers probably have better relations than European truck manufacturers. Personally I don't care that much about trailers but they're still nice from variety perspective since they spawn in traffic.
JoeAlex23

#20 Post by JoeAlex23 » 10 Jun 2023 17:19

flight50 wrote: 10 Jun 2023 16:21 I do like logistic hubs as real companies. I probably should have said that earlier. Other companies don't make a ton of sense but if they want in, SCS can decide. Now I don't know about flooding the game with real logistics companies. Not at 1:20 scale. Maybe the first 5 that want in get in. Beyond that, SCS would have to balance the depots by swapping in newer ones while decreasing the total per company the larger the map gets.
I guess it wouldn't be so bad to have real life logistic companies in the game with their own hubs/depots in some cities where they are based IRL, but i think is not something SCS should pursuit, only do it if a company approaches SCS with an offer like Schneider or Swift, i also should've been a bit more specific, what i meant with "real life" companies is things like Walmart, Target, Texaco, Shell, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, etc., things like that should always stay fictional in the game to keep some consistency.
flight50 wrote: 10 Jun 2023 16:21 No telling where it can go though. But good potential. Hopefully Oscar is already working on deals with North American companies for more licensed trailers. Of the list provided in post one, surely not every single one of them will say no to SCS.
I also hope that Oscar is doing some good in that department, i would expect at least 10 of those manufacturers on my list to make it to the game at some point, but i also know not all of them will, but i guess it wouldn't hurt to ask all of them hahaha.

Return to “General discussion about the game”