Gas Cistern Trailer - Yellow Stripes

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
TknighT

Gas Cistern Trailer - Yellow Stripes

#1 Post by TknighT » 07 Jun 2023 22:18

Hey, so I recently made a Gas Cistern paintjob (for the ownable one)

However there are yellow stripes that goes across it by default it seems from the SCS model of it. My question is if it's possible to remove these yellow stripes or at least make them white to go with the skin of the cistern? It's not really a big deal but annoying to have it there when the paintjob it's based of don't have the yellow strippled lines on it...

This is what I'm talking about under the logo/text, if there was any doubt/miss understanding.
20230606142805_1.jpg
Thanks in advance!
Mondo.N

Re: Gas Cistern Trailer - Yellow Stripes

#2 Post by Mondo.N » 08 Jun 2023 12:40

@TknighT

Unfortunately, it's impossible to remove yellow stripes with skin textures.
Because stripe objects are painted yellow with vertex paint.

[ external image ]

If you want to remove these stripes, you have to remove stripe objects with modeller (e.g. blender).
TknighT

Re: Gas Cistern Trailer - Yellow Stripes

#3 Post by TknighT » 08 Jun 2023 16:28

@Mondo.N

Ahh I see, so not as easy as to just completely texture it white then..

I guess if I really wish to and find the time to I can try that out with blender, thank you!

Return to “Help requests”