Post your PC Specs

Some newbie driver

Re: Post your PC Specs

#511 Post by Some newbie driver » 30 Jul 2022 20:08

Complains? Why? We should feel pity for anybody forced to use such kind of computer for anything...

I hope your main one will be fixed soon.
Calibuddy99

#512 Post by Calibuddy99 » 04 Aug 2022 05:20

@Some newbie driver I did just buy a new pc the day before yesterday, and the gpu caught on freaking fire. And I think I'm gonna switch to a laptop. maybe one of those alienware ones. And those freaking humongous desktops suck up all your power to the point of where all of the electricity coming into your freaking house goes to the pc, and if you turn some other big power consuming thing like your tv, the whole power in the house goes out. So I honestly think a laptop is the better option for power. And the one i'm looking for is a 17 inch one. Because it is big enough, and a laptop is very portable.
Nothing to say here anymore.
Garrington_Levy

#513 Post by Garrington_Levy » 04 Aug 2022 13:15

Avoid Alienware at all costs dude. Their just Dell parts bin specials, they're impossible to upgrade and you have to deal with Dell customer service - a fate worse than death itself - You'd be better off buying an oldish optiplex system from Hp and putting a 1650 in it if your only playing ets2/ats at humble settings.

If your pc is tripping your house, then you really need to address that. That isn't normal what so ever, or is that normal in the states, I don't know.
Has anyone ever been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Some newbie driver

#514 Post by Some newbie driver » 04 Aug 2022 17:19

In the States the normal power lines work on 110V; so even having its pros, they al,so have a big con. Lower voltages mean that the current rating grows twice as faster than on Europe with the same wattage consumption. That's why every independent normal circuit on a house is limited to 1500W (approx, and trusting the installation was done properly and still is in perfect condition). To avoid dangerous current levels on the cabling and having to use very expensive thick cabling to withstand them.

So, high end gaming computers could end sucking a lot of that maximum 1500W on a single line (specially if we count short-beams of high wattage spikes common in that kind of modern computers). if you have the bad luck to have other devices connected to the same line is easier to trip them that it's on European 220 to 240V lines.

And regarding "gaming laptops"... most people that purchase them had been really scammed no matter even if they didn't figure it out. They are going to pay more for less performance, less reliability, less options to repair or upgrade and less lifespan of the system. Those laptops should be purchased only on very niche scenarios where they really are the best option available; of course that wouldn't be profitable for brands so they market them down our throats to see if we bite the fishhook. In most cases, gaming laptops are more "halo" products that brands made just to pimp their "technical prowess" more than anything else.

Regards
Calibuddy99

#515 Post by Calibuddy99 » 05 Aug 2022 05:04

What's wrong with alienware? it is made by dell, which many businesses used for pc's in general. Dell makes professional quality products. You just prefer those horrible hp products don't you? Hp is horrible! Buy dell! Because they actually care about quality. And they don't rip you off or scam you like hp does.
JoeAlex23

#516 Post by JoeAlex23 » 05 Aug 2022 05:12

Calibuddy99 wrote: 05 Aug 2022 05:04 What's wrong with alienware? it is made by dell, which many businesses used for pc's in general. Dell makes professional quality products. You just prefer those horrible hp products don't you? Hp is horrible! Buy dell! Because they actually care about quality. And they don't rip you off or scam you like hp does.
Anyone who says anything "good" about Dell i just show them this video, Dell used to be good but not anymore, everything they sell is trash, and i said that as someone who has been fixing PC's basically his whole life.

Calibuddy99

#517 Post by Calibuddy99 » 05 Aug 2022 05:25

Oh.
angrybirdseller

#518 Post by angrybirdseller » 05 Aug 2022 05:38

Dell is using bottom of barrel components with PSU, MOBO, GPU rather go buy used higher range desktop PC from 2016-2020 with decent psu and mobo along with gpu can get 60fps at 1080p.
Some newbie driver

#519 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Aug 2022 14:00

I often give thanks that, for any reason, Dell has never achieved a big footprint on my country's computer market. So ,I've not to suffer them as much as in other places.
taneorb

#520 Post by taneorb » 09 Aug 2022 13:20

Like some of their stuff is meant to be good like some XPS laptops, but yeah alienware pc's pretty much just the same old 15 year old workstation chassis retooled with some 'gamer' aesthetic.

I wouldn't buy a gaming laptop unless you literally don't have space for an actual desktop. Just for the fact that just regular laptops get very hot, gaming laptops add even hotter components with little space to keep them cool. So then you end up with these massive 'desktop replacement' style laptops that are impractical to move around like a regular laptop and still can't match the cooling of a desktop. The thinner gaming laptops seem even worse, I really wouldn't want to rely on a machine where the cpu/gpu temps are like a constant 90c. Plus the constant noise of fans would irritate me.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”