VR - experimental support

Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Oculus Rift - experimental support

#2051 Post by Madkine » 04 Nov 2022 11:41

The VR build is a hobby of 1 dev at SCS. It may never be released as an official build.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Krists

#2052 Post by Krists » 09 Nov 2022 14:25

By the way, those who run on Win11 and have Windows Mixed Reality, if you experience huge stuttering with Reverb G2/WMR headsets - one of the previous Win11 updates have caused major stuttering and performance issues - you can find a manual fix here: https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comme ... ame=iossmf
MorpheusRJ

#2053 Post by MorpheusRJ » 10 Nov 2022 01:56

-------
Solved it:

I found that the configs on Euro Truck 2 and American Truck, I have no idea how it happened, were all on Ultra at 400% scale. Then rendering couldn't take it.

My mistake.
-----------

Hi!!!
I used to record my ATS/ETS2's trips, wearing a VR Quest2 device and mirroring screen thru "Oculus Mirror", and since October I can't record smooth videos anymore. When I'm into the cabine, the "1st person view", the performance of recorded video is terrible, like a 10fps or less. I record a lot of videos before, and I didn't get any issues.

I tried a lot of things and no clue, no results, no nothing...

I have the same results from ETS2 and ATS. But DCS or Assetto Corsa, I continue record without issue. Only for ATS/ETS2 and only from cabine view...

Has someone been getting same issue?

Oculus Quest 2
ATS/ETS2
OBS
Oculus Mirror.

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by MorpheusRJ on 13 Nov 2022 02:37, edited 1 time in total.
KingOfTheRoad77

#2054 Post by KingOfTheRoad77 » 10 Nov 2022 07:17

@MorpheusRJ
Where are you driving?

=> The newer DLC's such as Iberia, Wyoming or Montana and reworked map areas such as Germany, Austria or Northern California are significantly more demanding.
Wouldn't explain less than 10 FPS, certainly, but may be a factor, too.
Is OBS up-to-date?
Win10 or Win11? - I've somewhere read something about OBS not always working properly with Win11; just can't remember where.

Sorry - for perhaps such silly questions - just to get an idea where this might come from.

:)
MorpheusRJ

#2055 Post by MorpheusRJ » 10 Nov 2022 22:36

-------
Solved it:

I found that the configs on Euro Truck 2 and American Truck, I have no idea how it happened, were all on Ultra at 400% scale. Then rendering couldn't take it.

My mistake.
-----------

The result:
OBS is Up-to-date.
Win10 (up-to-date)
Oculus Quest 2 (up-to-date)
Map = Any location
ATS or ETS2
Issue details:
On camera 2, or other, runs completely smoothly. But on camera 1 (internal), after 10 or 20 seconds, just become a nightmare. 10fps or less. So, I switch to camera 2, and back to 1, same issue. Runs smoothly for 20 seconds at least and become a nightmare of low FPS again.

PS
There aren't silly questions.
Last edited by MorpheusRJ on 13 Nov 2022 15:25, edited 3 times in total.
Katixa

#2056 Post by Katixa » 12 Nov 2022 16:46

Parts of hood disappear on the mirror

Hi there,

I write here because I think this happens because of wearing Oculus + some game "feature"

I noticed that on some trucks, depending on where my head is placed (more forward for instance), parts of the cab hood disappear.

For example, on the Range-T, the plastic side protecting the fuel tanks, and sometimes the whole side of the truck (I can even see the driver's seat on the mirror).

This also happened on the New Daf XG+, on the small mirror. As I turn my head a little to one side or the other, part of the hood is gone.

Does the game do this because it assumes it's something is not being rendered? Is there any way to fix this changing something on my configuration? I checked the different graphics options but saw nothing.

It's pretty frustrating, and makes the game unplayable... until recently it only happened on the Range T sometimes, but yesterday also on the Daf, so I just had to quit the game out of frustration.

Thanks!
Regards.
Every day above ground is a good day.
Komat
SCS Software

#2057 Post by Komat » 16 Nov 2022 15:42

Katixa wrote: 12 Nov 2022 16:46 Does the game do this because it assumes it's something is not being rendered? Is there any way to fix this changing something on my configuration? I checked the different graphics options but saw nothing.
The game tries to skip rendering of parts which should be not visible given the position of the mirror and the head and there is likely some issue with that. Either specific to VR or just less noticeable in normal mode. You can disable this feature by setting g_baked_vehicle to 0 in the per-profile config_local.cfg
yatskiy

#2058 Post by yatskiy » 16 Nov 2022 20:43

Hello everyone) Will there be photo mode support? At the moment, the photo mode can not be used, because I see the screen with two eyes. Taking into account the update of the photo mode from 1.46 and the addition of "photo hunting", I would very much like to use this mode in VR without any problems in the future to close new photo points on the map. Otherwise, players who use VR on a regular basis in ETS2 (like me, for example) are completely deprived of this new feature.
In fact, simply switching directly from VR to a monitor in the game would be a great solution. Now, when switching to the monitor and turning on the photo mode, I see the same double picture on the monitor
Katixa

#2059 Post by Katixa » 18 Nov 2022 18:28

Komat wrote: 16 Nov 2022 15:42 The game tries to skip rendering of parts which should be not visible given the position of the mirror and the head and there is likely some issue with that. Either specific to VR or just less noticeable in normal mode. You can disable this feature by setting g_baked_vehicle to 0 in the per-profile config_local.cfg
Thanks!!

I will try this later when I put my headset of.
Every day above ground is a good day.
Phantom_Mark

#2060 Post by Phantom_Mark » 20 Nov 2022 01:08

Please, have you any advice here, literally pulling my hair out trying to fully cure rubber banding on a relatively high spec machine....

5.0ghz CPU, 64gb Ram and a RTX 4090 - running a Quest 2

I had things running pretty well a the start of 1.45 I believe, mid way through 1.45 there was an update which introduced a lot of rubber band chasing - at that time I was still using the above spec but with a RTX3080ti.

I have it running "ok" here atm, and I have gone to the extremes of removing the mods etc in an effort to track down exactly what is causing the rubber banding.

Out of ideas now and feeling increasingly deflated that even with a pretty monster spec I can't make this game run smoothly in VR :(

I am pretty methodical with my testing and potential problem solving, but I am now all out of ideas sadly, so hoping I literally overlooked the importance of something maybe ?

What would be helpful, instead of trying to guess my problem and anyone else's individual problems, is to maybe make a breakdown list of the big hit values, maybe with a problem, reaction, solution kind of approach, if then, and only then we still can't get things working as expected we can reach out for more technical support ?

Thanks.

Return to “General discussion about the game”