Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

Shiva

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#831 Post by Shiva » 31 May 2021 13:29

Xaagon, no idea if they plan for it, but there could be space for it atleast?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Xaagon

#832 Post by Xaagon » 31 May 2021 15:10

I didn't verify the empty spot on the current map, but I have more hope that the stadium would be added to an empty spot than if they already had another asset there. If it's relatively easy to get a base map city up to Denver standards, why not?
Shiva

#833 Post by Shiva » 31 May 2021 15:29

When I compared the Allegiant Stadium to the Mandalay Bay IRL, that is. Then if ingame the stadium in the hotel scale, then it should be able to fit in.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
oldmanclippy

#834 Post by oldmanclippy » 01 Jun 2021 22:29

I was in Las Vegas this weekend for the Wild-Knights game (well played @hangman005 well played) and while the general vibe that the reworked Vegas gives is quite good, it does need some sprucing up. Allegiant Stadium absolutely needs to be added and there's an empty spot for it right now like others have said. It's a big black stadium that's quite unique and would be a good addition to the Vegas skyline in game. T-Mobile Arena is also very cool but I don't think there's room for it unless they completely reworked the Strip. Allegiant is probably enough. The mountain textures are also not quite distant or large enough, if that makes sense (I mean they should look like they are further away, but also more imposing compared to how far away they are). A lot of streets on the east side of the Strip are missing signs, and we need to have I-215 to get to McCarran airport. Additionally, Denver did a really good job of giving the illusion that there was lots of residential neighborhoods and suburbs as far as the eye could see, giving the illusion that Denver was a huge metropolitan area. I'd like to see that with Vegas as well.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
angrybirdseller

#835 Post by angrybirdseller » 01 Jun 2021 23:30

California I-5 replacing older truck stops south of Sacramento and fixing the curvature of roads and better mountain models in certain spots. Likely, I-40 will be replaced and rebuilt in California, but I-10 some parts just get small refresh and better truck stops, but anyway west of CA-111 which is San Bernadino and Los Angeles will be mostly rebuilt with the exception of I-10 and I-15 interchange.

Phase 2 will be Eureka and Redding getting rework and Sacramento will get rebuilt from Scratch. Still, Wyoming and Texas will come out before phase 2 is released. Unless, I am suprised
rbsanford

#836 Post by rbsanford » 02 Jun 2021 01:20

Last I heard, no details about Phase 2 have been announced, but I hope it'll be road reworks in central CA, something like everything between I-80 and CA 58. I think Eureka and Redding can wait; they could use refreshing, but as far as base map cities go they aren't too bad. It's the larger cities and SoCal that need reworking the most.

I also hope there won't be that long of a gap between phases. You're talking about a gap of maybe a year, and probably 2-3 updates. Maybe that would be expected if, say, all of CA were reworked at once, but since this will be more gradual I hope there will be reworks with every update, even if it's just one improved road or smaller marked city.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
hangman005

#837 Post by hangman005 » 02 Jun 2021 10:36

@oldmanclippy I'd love to make it back to Vegas, the problem with living in NZ. (twas a good series, glad we managed to win in St Paul, ahhh well we gonna get destroyed by Colorado if game 1 is any indication) I do agree with a lot of what you've said, I feel Allegiant is hugely important and yeah if there was more space T-Mobile would have been cool and there are areas still lacking in signage in parts of Las Vegas. The 2 biggest things I would like to see change would US95 completion, as well as fixing up the gaps of US95 in North of Tonapah, and making McCarren Deliverable. Those two would make Vegas top notch... for me.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
flight50

#838 Post by flight50 » 02 Jun 2021 13:11

I doubt we get McCarron deliverable with 1:20 scale. There's not enough space for the airport as is with I-515 over there. We don't even have enough space to make a more accurate runway.

This is the path we have from real life
[ external image ]

This is in game. Its very very compressed. With the mountains there, we can't even get into the airport.
[ external image ]
Shiva

#839 Post by Shiva » 02 Jun 2021 13:34

If more to Las Vegas, for example US-95 from I-40 to Las Vegas. Then the whole city would need to be moved a bit. + AZ stuff moved too.
Same thing if I-215 added.
It can not be moved east, due to Sankt George.
Not south due to Primm.
If having I-15 go straight west/east between Virgin River Gorge and Las Vegas, then Vegas could be moved north a little bit.
So Vegas could be moved a bit west and maybe a bit north.
While Primm is moved south.
But would the room be enough for I-215 and/or US-95, south of central Las Vegas?
US-95 if it could fit, then the US-93/I-11 and US-95 interchange still would look like being in AZ.

While I didn't touch the airport side, flight50 did. I saw that while previewing my post, before sending it.
hangman005

#840 Post by hangman005 » 02 Jun 2021 13:45

@flight50 Me too... but it'd be nice.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland

Return to “General discussion about the game”