Pre Trip Inspections with walk around and doors opening

NanoMan

Pre Trip Inspections with walk around and doors opening

#1 Post by NanoMan » 11 Aug 2021 15:34

As a youtuber content creator we like to use these sims as a realistic scenario and having fun with it. what would really complete this simulator is a pre inspection form and the abilities to open the truck door get out and walk around the truck and trailer. also tire wear and vehicle wear would be a good ad on to keep up on. Keep up the good work this sim has come along way.
TwinShadow

Re: Pre Trip Inspections with walk around and doors opening

#2 Post by TwinShadow » 13 Aug 2021 02:02

snip
Last edited by TwinShadow on 19 Sep 2022 05:34, edited 1 time in total.
Optional Features

#3 Post by Optional Features » 13 Aug 2021 06:25

TwinShadow wrote: 13 Aug 2021 02:02 Long been requested. Might be able to do some sort of checklist maybe, but overall I don't see it entirely feasible for a variety of reasons. The biggest one is that brand name items like the trucks and Goodyear tires, for example, can not show any sort of wear and tear or damage. This is due to agreements between SCS legal teams and with the legal teams of the various manufacturers that hold the copyright and trademarks for the branding.

I honestly wouldn't hold your breath for even a basic walking around (not the garage part) being part of the game anytime soon, if at all.
Can you please explain Snowrunner? It has most of the brands ATS has with damage, wear, smoke, and breakdowns.

Either SCS needs to renegotiate their contract, or more likely they aren't interested in adding these features.

As for the OP, it's sad we have to request stuff like this. Interaction with the environment and loads would do so much more for the game than a large potato on a trailer. Oh well.
TwinShadow

#4 Post by TwinShadow » 13 Aug 2021 10:42

snip
Optional Features

#5 Post by Optional Features » 13 Aug 2021 16:19

TwinShadow wrote: 13 Aug 2021 10:42 Go ask on their forum. I don't personally support the devs there, so I never bought the game or anything. I can only speculate that the publisher forked over fat sacks of cash perhaps for them, which SCS probably doesn't have that same luxury. Either that, or ATS is also being used as a sort of showcase for the trucks, in which agreements would be different. Who knows. These are all under NDA, and no company will tell you the exact reasoning.
SCS is a much larger developer than whoever made snowrunner, and has a much larger customer base.

I strongly doubt it has anything to do with contracts, but rather they wanted to make the most simple game possible, and felt these things were just too much work.

It's like the AI drivers. We have AI, they are terrible, and likely never will be fixed. They got to good enough stage and moved on.
xXCARL1992Xx

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 13 Aug 2021 16:23

the Snowrunner devs have Focus Home Interactive behind them, they have vastly more money they can throw then SCS has, just because the devs are a small team desnt mean they dont have a fat publisher behind them that SCS doesnt have
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#7 Post by Optional Features » 13 Aug 2021 17:20

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 13 Aug 2021 16:23 the Snowrunner devs have Focus Home Interactive behind them, they have vastly more money they can throw then SCS has, just because the devs are a small team desnt mean they dont have a fat publisher behind them that SCS doesnt have
I believe if SCS wanted to add damage, they would have found a way. If they wanted to add the ability to walk around, they would have found a way. If they wanted to add manual load securement, they would have found a way as well.

Just because they haven't done something doesn't mean it's a money problem necessarily. It could be a question of desire.

Right now, they are focused on expanding the map. Game features have taken a back seat, and other than some tweaks to multiplayer and some kind of parking challenge, little appears to be on the horizon.
TwinShadow

#8 Post by TwinShadow » 13 Aug 2021 20:23

snip
rookie31st

#9 Post by rookie31st » 28 Sep 2021 23:18

TwinShadow wrote: 13 Aug 2021 02:02The biggest one is that brand name items like the trucks and Goodyear tires, for example, can not show any sort of wear and tear or damage.
I tend to think it's just a fairy tale.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
Some newbie driver

#10 Post by Some newbie driver » 01 Oct 2021 13:35

rookie31st wrote: 28 Sep 2021 23:18I tend to think it's just a fairy tale.
When it was last time you see an advertisement about a vehicle in which that vehicle wasn't shown brand new. I don't even see smashed and broken, I mean perfectly brand new not even with a guano stain from a bird on it (they love to shit over a fancy clean car) :x

That's what video games are for those brands: advertisements. Those who want to smash the product have to pay A LOT more and have A LOT more influence than SCS has to convince the brand's lawyers.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”