Sametbey2

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#111 Post by Sametbey2 » 26 Mar 2020 17:01

Hopefully the wind turbine construction site and loads like ETS2:

Image[/img]
flight50

#112 Post by flight50 » 26 Mar 2020 17:06

@Sametbey2. Agreed but more advanced. Can Colorado be the moment we finally get wind turbine deliveries. I can't tell if the entrance is blocked or not. Looks like cargo in the field. The cranes themselves can be cargo as well. Prefab looks great from afar. Check out the cranes putting up the towers. Repurpose the wind fields already in the game so that we can ship there too. I sure hope we can get ST and flatbed like the ones I have in the link. I'd love to get these loads to this site. In my link, there are four components, the blade, the generator, the rotor, the tower and if we include the crane...we get the cab of the crane and the boom itself. That's 6 cargoes for this one prefab.

[ external image ]
Last edited by flight50 on 26 Mar 2020 17:10, edited 1 time in total.
Knightrider

#113 Post by Knightrider » 26 Mar 2020 17:09

I found it interesting that no truck is on the cover of colorado's dlc. I assume the next upcoming truck will take the spot once its complete.

On a sidenote, the pete 389 its the only truck so far not in a map expansion cover.
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
flight50

#114 Post by flight50 » 26 Mar 2020 17:11

At least not yet. I'd expect the Anthem to take that spot. I think Idaho just did get the Lonestar. There is plenty of time left though. I just added Colorado to the Wishlist. I am super stoked now. I am glad SCS has done so. Get both Idaho and Colorado generating hype. I don't see a reason to not add Colorado. Regardless whether Idaho (or any other state) has released, if the content is ready for blogging/Wishlist, let her rip. Thank you SCS. With the lack of being able to travel now, it is more critical then ever to get the word out sooner than later. With no dates for release, there is no harm in Wishlist on Steam imo.

I was just looking at this thread last night wondering when we can start some hype here. It was at the very bottom looking all sad with only a few pages to its name. Low and behold, SCS pulls out an official blog. Sweet move team.

This is my favorite pic of the blog. Why, I love the rusted realistic look of the farm on this 2 lane road. It gives us another great taste of what to look forward in with the Great Plains and all the farming that it will bring. There are some old abandoned places and they will add to the immerision. The old school windmill is a nice touch. Fits the scene perfectly. Add a few farms on a larger scale of this caliber and we are good. Some deliverable, some not. Not all farms should appear to be new at all. The texturing is great and I look forward in seeing more identity in this type of prefab.
[ external image ]
Marcello Julio

#115 Post by Marcello Julio » 26 Mar 2020 17:37

Knightrider wrote: 26 Mar 2020 17:09 On a sidenote, the pete 389 its the only truck so far not in a map expansion cover.
Peterbilt 579 also until now it has not appeared in any art of any state.
rbsanford

#116 Post by rbsanford » 26 Mar 2020 17:38

The Steam cover deosn't have any truck present, but it does show the Million Dollar Highway, so hopefully this means we'll be able to drive that madness.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
supersobes
Global moderator

#117 Post by supersobes » 26 Mar 2020 17:46

Knightrider wrote: 26 Mar 2020 17:09 On a sidenote, the pete 389 its the only truck so far not in a map expansion cover.
It's on the map expansion cover for Nevada. Even though Nevada is a free DLC, SCS still made promotional content for it. ;)

--------
Image number two in the Colorado blog is very exciting. Most notably, the brown coloured guardrails that are used in scenic areas are finally making an appearance in ATS! They look very awesome! The overhead sign gantry also looks really interesting. I see the electrical box behind the guardrail next to the sign pole, so it leads me to believe that it may be some sort of electronic sign. It's very intriguing indeed. The scenery in Colorado is also looking very beautiful! :)
Bedavd

#118 Post by Bedavd » 26 Mar 2020 17:52

Also interesting is that this was our longest period of time between teaser and reveal at 20 days. I was considering making a post about it in this thread before the reveal happened, but now it has so might as well go for it. The previous times were
13 days for OR
10 days for WA
8 or 15 days for UT, depending if you count the "somethings cooking" with the smoking bee as the teaser or their initial "where is this" picture dump before they announced the state.
and 0 for Idaho because they just announced it on the stream sans teaser. I bet it took longer since they're simultaneously working on and hyping up Idaho, but I just thought it was interesting to look over.

@supersobes Interesting that they're purposefully colored brown! I never considered that. I always just thought the guardrail was really rusty. :lol: I went to Colorado at the beginning of this month to visit CUBoulder's law school, and my Aunt took us up I-70 to Genesee Park where you can see the continental divide and that's when I first noticed the brown guardrails.

I'm really excited for this state. As someone from a flatter state, being in those mountains above Denver was a lot more impressive than I ever imagined they would be.
Last edited by Bedavd on 26 Mar 2020 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Knightrider

#119 Post by Knightrider » 26 Mar 2020 17:55

@Marcello Julio

that truck is on the main game cover so thats why I didnt count it.
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
supersobes
Global moderator

#120 Post by supersobes » 26 Mar 2020 17:59

Bedavd wrote: 26 Mar 2020 17:52 @supersobes Interesting that they're purposefully colored brown! I never considered that. I always just thought the guardrail was really rusty. :lol: I went to Colorado at the beginning of this month to visit CUBoulder's law school, and my Aunt took us up I-70 to Genesee Park where you can see the continental divide and that's when I first noticed the brown guardrails.
Just like traffic signal poles and sign posts, the guardrails are brown in scenic areas to make them blend in with the environment better. ;)

Return to “General discussion about the game”