Utah Discussion Thread

Tristman

Re: Utah Discussion Thread

#2991 Post by Tristman » 30 Nov 2022 08:24

All the more ironic that they introduced this photo op mechanic and put one of them right on the junction of I-15 and I-80 where everyone can see the lack of a proper mountain backdrop.
flight50

#2992 Post by flight50 » 30 Nov 2022 12:20

The is nothing worth taking a pic of in SLC as long as that back drop remains in place.
Trakaplex

#2993 Post by Trakaplex » 12 Dec 2022 16:41

raskol wrote: 12 Aug 2022 14:08 friends utah should also get rework in the game
there is terrible arizona rock around red bluff on the ut-191 road, sediment rocks should be used, the rocks on the road at the entrance to utah glen canyon should be red sand above but bad red color palette below
around moab should be redrawn badly, they should be redrawn haphazardly with old rocks, it is beyond terrible, it should be renewed, moab should be redrawn in arizona, reworking should be done in utah
At least I'm not the only one criticizing Moab. I've been to both Moab and Jackson, and Jackson is way above its standards. In Moab, all the traffic lights aren't correctly in their locations or not there at all, pavement wrong, UT-128 isn't marked. Should've made entry to Arches like a legitimate entry and not a tiny parking lot. The only thing they got right perhaps were the cluster of hotels and the playground along the Colorado River and the walkable bridge (which I've been irl) on US-191 north of UT-128.

I agree on the old rocks. This is what makes southern Utah stand from southern Colorado lol.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
rbsanford

#2994 Post by rbsanford » 12 Dec 2022 20:54

Speaking of the Moab area, I remember back when Utah launched someone was devcamming in the area and saw work was being done on getting Dead Horse Point in the game. Not as high a priority as updated assets and filling in the UT 12/24/95 void, but it seems to have been completely forgotten, unfortunately.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
lweb3

#2995 Post by lweb3 » 13 Dec 2022 20:12

It’s been awhile since I’ve been to Moab in game, if I remember right there’s not even a sign for Arches NP is there? I was kind of disappointed when I saw that. I’ve only been to Moab once IRL to visit Arches. From my memory the vibe was pretty well done, smaller and less stop lights in game but overall it brought back memories of my real visit.
rbsanford

#2996 Post by rbsanford » 13 Dec 2022 21:29

No, there's no reference to Arches, which is a pretty big miss, since Delicate Arch, one of the most iconic landmarks in the state (it's on the license plate and some of the welcome signs), is located there. I hope someday it'll be given the Garden of the Gods treatment, and we'll be able to drive to Delicate Arch, as well as past some of the park's other monuments, along unmarked roads, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Handy maps and diagrams.

Shiva

#2997 Post by Shiva » 13 Dec 2022 22:58

This Delicate Arch https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delicate_Arch ?
Where would it be viewable, from a truck, or car?
Room for that road, seems a bit, not so good.
Dead Horse Point, on the other hand? There is a barebones DHP.
And yeah, would be nice if SCS finishes it in the future.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
SuchManor

#2998 Post by SuchManor » 13 Dec 2022 23:51

It would be nice to see a reference to Arches NP. At least put the unique traffic signal there and the lower visitor center with the road winding up the side of the rocks. Obviously, Arches NP does not allow truck traffic. As for Delicate Arch, you can not see it from the road or nearby parking lot. You have to either walk up to the arch itself (a very hard and long hike), or walk to the lower viewing platform to see it from below.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
Trakaplex

#2999 Post by Trakaplex » 14 Dec 2022 00:48

SuchManor wrote: 13 Dec 2022 23:51 It would be nice to see a reference to Arches NP. At least put the unique traffic signal there and the lower visitor center with the road winding up the side of the rocks. Obviously, Arches NP does not allow truck traffic. As for Delicate Arch, you can not see it from the road or nearby parking lot. You have to either walk up to the arch itself (a very hard and long hike), or walk to the lower viewing platform to see it from below.
Yeah, I think if they add the road into the park, it would provide space for the Delicate Arch. They could make it hidden. Problems is that the arch is way too off US-191, and that you must take a secondary route from the park entrance. I've only been on the parking lot side, where you have to hike to see the arch across the small gorge. That's be pretty nice though, but I think in 1:20, I-70 would be a bit close.

The other option is to add the lower visitor center and the first hill with rocks as a facing backdrop, and block the road completely. No Delicate Arch.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
rbsanford

#3000 Post by rbsanford » 14 Dec 2022 01:44

Oh yeah, I forgot about Delicate Arch not being near a road. It's photographed so often, and sees so many visitors, I guess I keep thinking there's a parking lot right there.

A good alternative for an unmarked scenery spur in Arches would be the La Salle Mountains Viewpoint, which is closer to the highway and gives a nice overview of the plateau.

Handy maps and diagrams.

Return to “General discussion about the game”