Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#25043 Post by oldmanclippy » 08 Feb 2023 14:47

headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
CarbonGTGaming

#25044 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 08 Feb 2023 15:17

Trieste Is more likely to be featured in the game cos if you go into the map editor and search for Trieste a castle will appear so the photo has to be at the Trieste docks
Trucker Nik

#25045 Post by Trucker Nik » 08 Feb 2023 15:23

@CarbonGTGaming It's good that you mention the map editor, I've been wanting to ask for a long time (but I always forget) if there are assets for the third phase of California in the map editor
CarbonGTGaming

#25046 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 08 Feb 2023 15:57

I’ve not really checked the map editor in ATS that much
Optional Features

#25047 Post by Optional Features » 08 Feb 2023 16:20

guilhem1 wrote: 08 Feb 2023 10:17 in any game if you play it a lot you end up getting bored
It totally depends on the game. I started playing FS in 2012. I couldn't get my family to buy me a cd copy of 18wos, and I was looking for another game with trucks. A youtube video of a guy driving some low quality Peterbilts in FS11 got me excited, and I first tried the demo for FS11, then the FS13 demo, and finally was able to buy FS13.

Since then, I have played every FS version, and although I play less now than I did, I pretty much play every weekend.

When I get bored of farming in North America, I log; and when I get tired of logging, I do some construction; and when I get tired of construction, maybe I try a British map or something Eastern European, with appropriate equipment of course.

I believe this is one reason why I prefer ETS2 for SCS games. It feels unfamiliar, and is a change of pace. But the problems of boredom still remain.

I haul a lot of box van cargo in both games, and this below is about as good a combo as I can build.

[ external image ]

But as you know, all box cargo in the default game (and 95% of mods) is invisible cargo.

There's one particular modder who has opening doors and cargo models for each load, but he is limited by the game. The only way to open the doors is to have them flip position when the trailer is detached. But this doesn't look that great in screens because the lights go off, and so on.

[ external image ]

Furthermore, even with opening doors, there's not a lot to hauling a box. No load shifts, no crushed boxes, no spoiled cargo, no improper reefer temps, no reefer fuel, no multiloads, no load adjustments because of weight, just hook and go.

And as I have said many places elsewhere, all SCS cargo is about the same. I have driven log trucks in the game, but a real life log truck has a high center of gravity and a varying load. The best mod for the game is by deezle, and since we still don't have rigid truck cargo support, it's a straight truck pulling a loaded trailer.

I have pulled cattle wagons in the game. Cows irl move around. SCS loads are all fixed.

I've pulled tankers. Fluids move around in a tanker, and require hoses to unload. We have neither.

I won't go through the whole list, but the point is, if I get bored with ATS, I could theoretically play ETS2. But eventually I would realize that everything but the scenery is the same and get doubly bored.

If we had some variation between the haul experience for different kinds of loads (especially for heavy haul), it would be far more interesting.
mackintosh

#25048 Post by mackintosh » 08 Feb 2023 17:20

Multi pick up and drop is by far the most important aspect that needs to be implemented - and by that I mean the ability to carry a mix of cargo between various locations subject to time and volume constraints. Physical representation of cargo is great, and I hope that we will get that too at some point, but they really need to work on the absolute basics - and there's been no evidence of any cargo system rework at all. Nothing has changed here in over a decade now, and I am quite frankly becoming rather irate.
flight50

#25049 Post by flight50 » 08 Feb 2023 18:00

Well the cargo market is actually considered a rework. Its just not polished at all. That should be the foundation of cargo by weight, by pallet/by slot. They just need to evolve it and make it much much deeper. That ties into scales and weigh stations. It also ties into sliding tandems (after loading), not like now sliding before loaded. This also means sliding the 5th wheels now. Last but not least, being able to separate doubles/triple trailers and being able to park them separately. To me, that all ties into one huge system for multi drop.

Now the palette system can take 2-3 phases to get it all in but the next step should be allowing us to choose how many pallets/how much weight we want to load. Get that system going before figuring out how to fine us for going over weight or how we can reload trailers to get weight to shift around. It could be more like a puzzle/guessing game on loading. Now in theory, this is too deep for most people. So this is more or less.......hardcore mode/career mode. This is why I say leave the current game as is. Develop the hardcore part for WoTr. This way people that don't want hardcore can keep playing as is. Complicating the game for everyone is unnecessary. Hardcore needs to be a new mode. This hardcore mode could be what the new WoTr is about.....for the more hardcore sim player. Pavel has mentioned the new WoTr a few times but never really elaborate on it.
roman_tuke

#25050 Post by roman_tuke » 08 Feb 2023 18:11

New interior and exterior look for the Iveco S-Way, might come this year.

sway.jpg
swayex.jpg

Source: EXCLUSIVO: Iveco S-Way terá facelift com novo interior e Tector terá o visual do S-Way

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”