why scs software doesn't care about graphics in game?

Optional Features

Re: why scs software doesn't care about graphics in game?

#361 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jun 2022 21:25

seriousmods wrote: 03 Jun 2022 20:57 @Duke49th I admit to being lazy, but I am not stupid. I have been playing ATS for several years now, and despite a few attempts, I cannot make even simple edits to mods without excruciating amounts of work.

And even if I could mod as well as the best in the community, the impact I could have on the game is very minimal at best. Much of what I want in this game (or in a game in general) is just not possible.

That's the issue more than anything.
For example: these pics. Everything shown in them is trucking related. Pretty much none of it is possible in SCS games. Some of the vehicle types aren't even possible due to constraints (like the pole logger).

No amount of modding skill can make these things possible.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Travismods

#362 Post by Travismods » 04 Jun 2022 18:35

I just want to see dirt, finally. They even experimented with it before. Can we please have dirt, Pavel?
Optional Features

#363 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jun 2022 18:38

koolizz wrote: 04 Jun 2022 18:35 I just want to see dirt, finally. They even experimented with it before. Can we please have dirt, Pavel?
I'll go even simpler: dirty windshields. How can I drive cross country and not encounter a single insect lol?
TexasWhirlwind

#364 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 04 Jun 2022 18:42

It would even be greater if the equipment was American instead of all this foreign stuff..
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
Travismods

#366 Post by Travismods » 05 Jun 2022 12:10

At least we have dirt and bug mods for the windshields. Beats me why SCS can't implement it in the base game:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Aspen Ridge

#368 Post by Aspen Ridge » 06 Jun 2022 12:55

I spent some time reading most of the 37 pages of this thread and there are some very valid and informed points made here.
For me...I have been hooked on this game (ATS/ETS2) for about 5 years or so...I used to play it on a crappy laptop with an integrated graphics card which wouldn't allow me to play above 75% scaling (50% was better) but I happily played for 2000 hours and was more into the relaxation/immersion of the game. Fast forward to last year and I bought a Gaming Laptop so I could enjoy the game with improved graphics and performance...I love it and don't care if it's cutting edge or photorealistic...I think the games look amazing and I enjoy them for what they are...a nice relaxing drive. I can run 200% scaling and everything on high/ultra and cap my frames at 72fps and my laptop runs this game perfectly...I'm a big fan and think SCS is doing a wonderful job with updates and DLC's...just my 12 cents (adjusted for inflation)
Last edited by Aspen Ridge on 06 Jun 2022 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
Eggtooth

#369 Post by Eggtooth » 07 Jun 2022 12:08

koolizz wrote: 05 Jun 2022 12:10 At least we have dirt and bug mods for the windshields. Beats me why SCS can't implement it in the base game:
I've almost mistaken this screenshot with real life. How exactly does this game look bad? I think it's just inconsistent, but the graphics imo are 6 atleast for me. ATS especially can be downright gorgeous.
don't quote images
yoda53

#370 Post by yoda53 » 10 Jun 2022 14:28

Aspen Ridge wrote: 06 Jun 2022 12:55 I spent some time reading most of the 37 pages of this thread and there are some very valid and informed points made here.
For me...I have been hooked on this game (ATS/ETS2) for about 5 years or so...I used to play it on a crappy laptop with an integrated graphics card which wouldn't allow me to play above 75% scaling (50% was better) but I happily played for 2000 hours and was more into the relaxation/immersion of the game. Fast forward to last year and I bought a Gaming Laptop so I could enjoy the game with improved graphics and performance...I love it and don't care if it's cutting edge or photorealistic...I think the games look amazing and I enjoy them for what they are...a nice relaxing drive. I can run 200% scaling and everything on high/ultra and cap my frames at 72fps and my laptop runs this game perfectly...I'm a big fan and think SCS is doing a wonderful job with updates and DLC's...just my 12 cents (adjusted for inflation)
i think the same thing. :D

Return to “General discussion about the game”