why scs software doesn't care about graphics in game?

Optional Features

Re: why scs software doesn't care about graphics in game?

#231 Post by Optional Features » 10 May 2022 16:34

@McFly We're playing the same game for sure. Just I have significantly higher standards for what a game should look like and be.

The comparison to a mobile game is based on games like Truckers of Europe 3 which has dirt, better looking rain, better physics, and much more.

The same is true for the roads and other parts. This is an incredibly basic game with a huge map, and the feature list is something you'd expect on mobile. No ability to interact with anything. A few basic trailers and loads. Some AI cars driving around, etc.
JeeF

#232 Post by JeeF » 10 May 2022 17:47

seriousmods wrote: 10 May 2022 16:34 This is an incredibly basic game with a huge map
Wait... ATS has a huge map?
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato
xXCARL1992Xx

#233 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 10 May 2022 17:54

not really, iirc a sector is 2x2km, ATS has 400 sectors with all DLCs currently, wich is 1600km²
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
PBandJ

#234 Post by PBandJ » 10 May 2022 18:11

seriousmods wrote: 10 May 2022 07:51
And there it is again. If you don't like it, don't play. Best community ever.
Just a suggestion, if you don't want people to say that to you, maybe lighten up just a bit on SCS. You have 95% complaints, (not suggestions), 3% badmouthing devs and other SCS employees. I think there are days that you just look for the tiny things just to post a complaint about. One right after another. I am pretty sure that is why people suggest you play something else if you dislike it so much. I have to give credit to the community for just not blasting you like you blast SCS. Any other game forum I have been involved with you would have been blasted till you sat in the corner with your thumb in your mouth or ban from it for such negativeness. Everyone knows the game isn't perfect for you. WE GET IT! Kudos to the moderators of this forum for tolerating you so far. That does earn them the "best community ever".....:)

Occasionally when you are in that 2% area you have some good suggestions, such as hooking air lines up and such. But people see so much negativeness from your other posts that they just ignored your others I think or have all ready FOE you.

This is all just a suggestion to you. I think you would get a lot farther by toning it down a bit. Good luck in your search for a game that satisfies your needs. Games are made to have fun, enjoy and bring relaxation. IMO that is why most people play them. There is enough stress in every day life to deal with than being stressed out about a game. Have fun!!
Shiva

#235 Post by Shiva » 10 May 2022 19:52

xXCARL1992Xx
Sectors are 4000m x 4000m . "4km x 4km."
24 sectors in width 28 sectors in height. Unless I counted wrong.
You all can count yourself example.
usa 1.41B grid resize 15percent and current area.jpg
usa 1.41B grid resize 15percent and current area.jpg (82.33 KiB) Viewed 498 times

seriousmods, Truckers of Europe 3, does not look that bad for a mobile game app.
I wonder, are you this negative on the MS Flight Sim forums too?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
xXCARL1992Xx

#236 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 10 May 2022 19:59

then is 6400km², i only count sectors in use by the game i can find in the base and DLC files, there is no sector where only water is in the game
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Shiva

#237 Post by Shiva » 10 May 2022 20:32

470 sectors are used, more or less, with 1.44.
But some of those have Montana and Texas information.
And when did scs add a 5th file for the map grids?
"sec-0031-0007.layer" as an example.
I remember there earlier being aux, base, data and desc.

When using map editor and letting it save.
C:\Users\UserX\Documents\American Truck Simulator\mod\user_map\map\autosave\usa
2350 objects. divided by the 5 files used per sector. = 470 map sectors.

SCS does care of graphics, they try to balance so that both old and new PC's can handle the game.
And I would guess they still improve their game engine. Anyone care to compare the release version vs current?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Optional Features

#238 Post by Optional Features » 10 May 2022 20:34

JeeF wrote: 10 May 2022 17:47
seriousmods wrote: 10 May 2022 16:34 This is an incredibly basic game with a huge map
Wait... ATS has a huge map?
Minus the holes which make it feel larger than it is.
Optional Features

#239 Post by Optional Features » 10 May 2022 21:02

PBandJ wrote: 10 May 2022 18:11 Just a suggestion, if you don't want people to say that to you, maybe lighten up just a bit on SCS. You have 95% complaints, (not suggestions), 3% badmouthing devs and other SCS employees. I think there are days that you just look for the tiny things just to post a complaint about. One right after another. I am pretty sure that is why people suggest you play something else if you dislike it so much. I have to give credit to the community for just not blasting you like you blast SCS. Any other game forum I have been involved with you would have been blasted till you sat in the corner with your thumb in your mouth or ban from it for such negativeness. Everyone knows the game isn't perfect for you. WE GET IT! Kudos to the moderators of this forum for tolerating you so far. That does earn them the "best community ever".....:)

Occasionally when you are in that 2% area you have some good suggestions, such as hooking air lines up and such. But people see so much negativeness from your other posts that they just ignored your others I think or have all ready FOE you.

This is all just a suggestion to you. I think you would get a lot farther by toning it down a bit. Good luck in your search for a game that satisfies your needs. Games are made to have fun, enjoy and bring relaxation. IMO that is why most people play them. There is enough stress in every day life to deal with than being stressed out about a game. Have fun!!
The "if you don't like it, don't play" comments aren't specific to me: they are directed at anyone who dares criticize a game developer that has time and again shown a lack of willingness to push the envelope in the slightest to improve their product to where it should be.

Furthermore, many of my statements aren't pure bashing. I have written pages of ideas regarding everything from an improved cargo system and companies to removing limitations for F7 configurations and garages that actually reflect a player's progress.

SCS shouldn't need these ideas: they have an entire team
dedicated to game development. But years in, a decade for ETS2, that team has yet to make significant progress in any area other than maps. And the maps themselves are in need of many improvements, but that's beside the point.

My goal here is to be a counter to the "SCS is great" community that seems completely immune to logic and reason. SCS can improve, and should be expected to do so.

Many people, flight50 specifically, have tried the nice approach for years, and SCS has flatly ignored them. It's time to put a little pressure on in hopes they maybe see the opportunity they are missing to make money for themselves.

ATS should have far more players than it does, graphics aside. But the reason it doesn't is because of how thin the gameplay is.

Until that changes, the sales won't either.
JeeF

#240 Post by JeeF » 10 May 2022 22:00

Shiva wrote: 10 May 2022 20:32 470 sectors are used, more or less, with 1.44.
But some of those have Montana and Texas information.
And when did scs add a 5th file for the map grids?
"sec-0031-0007.layer" as an example.
I remember there earlier being aux, base, data and desc.

When using map editor and letting it save.
C:\Users\UserX\Documents\American Truck Simulator\mod\user_map\map\autosave\usa
2350 objects. divided by the 5 files used per sector. = 470 map sectors.

SCS does care of graphics, they try to balance so that both old and new PC's can handle the game.
And I would guess they still improve their game engine. Anyone care to compare the release version vs current?
Solid information, thanks for sharing. I was thinking of calculating it myself but felt lazy :D
It is more or less what I expected. Although the actually driving area is a lot smaller than that.
There are a few parts of the map which visually look like grass, but if you try driving on it your truck just falls towards the abyss.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato

Return to “General discussion about the game”