When Scs software fix this?

Netsrak

Re: When Scs software fix this?

#11 Post by Netsrak » 20 Jun 2022 16:36

I completely missed a Special Transport drop-off location last week because of this effect... Delivery point was at the entrance to a quarry, but the white guidelines blended into the bright dirt surface so much that I couldn't see them. So I drove right into the quarry thinking the drop-off point must be somewhere in there, even though there was almost no room in there to maneuver my trailer. It was, um, a bit difficult to get back out! :lol:
pigbrother

#12 Post by pigbrother » 20 Jun 2022 16:40

Yeah, sometimes the effect is annoyingly strong, but until PBR will go live, I'm afraid nothing can be done. And maybe even PBR would not make it easier on the eyes. This HDR was tweaked a lot during the 1.40 Beta and I really don't think they can do any improvements right now.

However, I've seen enough blinding tarmac and concrete during the bright summer days so maybe is not THAT unrealistic after all. Annoying, yes, just like the real life, but...
I have approximate knowledge of many things
plykkegaard

#13 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Jun 2022 16:53

You can find examples through google search if you want

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
DarkD92

#14 Post by DarkD92 » 20 Jun 2022 19:00

I did some experimentation. I think it's related to HDR.

-When I zoom in the cabin, the light changes :(but I cant drive like that :lol: )
[ external image ]

-Normal angle:
[ external image ]
pigbrother

#15 Post by pigbrother » 20 Jun 2022 19:05

Yes, of course, the darkest area in the first scenario is smaller and the average (or median) value of brightness is different and the HDR adjust it accordingly. However, the dash is also pitch black and unusable in the first picture, again, expectable.
DarkD92

#16 Post by DarkD92 » 20 Jun 2022 19:11

pigbrother wrote: 20 Jun 2022 19:05 Yes, of course, the darkest area in the first scenario is smaller and the average (or median) value of brightness is different and the HDR adjust it accordingly. However, the dash is also pitch black and unusable in the first picture, again, expectable.
Thanks for your replies, I think HDR needs some work, do you think this glare can be reduced a bit?
pigbrother

#17 Post by pigbrother » 20 Jun 2022 19:26

No.

The old HDR had an awful max brightness, even the brightest day would look like 5-6 PM during summertime. Now we have realistic daytime brightness, however, this means a lot of light. And due to the limitation of the sRGB colorspace and ordinary sRGB monitors, you can't have a good dynamic range (in layman terms, you can't have both a pleasant deep black and a realistic bright light in the same screen), hence the constant adjustments made by HDR.

HDR was tweaked as heck during the beta, they have tested a lot of settings to find a middle ground, this is the best outcome. You might try to find the old topics for 1.40, I talked a lot about this.
DarkD92

#18 Post by DarkD92 » 20 Jun 2022 19:34

pigbrother wrote: 20 Jun 2022 19:26 No.

The old HDR had an awful max brightness, even the brightest day would look like 5-6 PM during summertime. Now we have realistic daytime brightness, however, this means a lot of light. And due to the limitation of the sRGB colorspace and ordinary sRGB monitors, you can't have a good dynamic range (in layman terms, you can't have both a pleasant deep black and a realistic bright light in the same screen), hence the constant adjustments made by HDR.

HDR was tweaked as heck during the beta, they have tested a lot of settings to find a middle ground, this is the best outcome. You might try to find the old topics for 1.40, I talked a lot about this.
-Thanks again for your knowledgeable and good replies.
Optional Features

#19 Post by Optional Features » 20 Jun 2022 19:50

pigbrother wrote: 20 Jun 2022 16:33 Ignore the Karen, if the concrete looks good in the external view, then it's good. It's the HDR and the way it works (as stated above) that makes the surface brighter than it should be.
Not sure how having a different opinion makes me a Karen, but oh well.

This is a custom road texture made by a friend. It's not blown out.
[ external image ]

This is what it looks like from the outside.
[ external image ]

Roads in real life are not white: dirt, grime, and tire marks would darken even the whitest concrete in the world. SCS road textures are just not very high quality or realistic, so this effect becomes more noticeable than it should be.

Same place irl:
[ external image ]
SouthernMan

#20 Post by SouthernMan » 20 Jun 2022 23:04

DarkD92 wrote: 19 Jun 2022 20:28 Hello friends, there is an annoying problem in the game. On some surfaces, there is excessive glare while in the vehicle, when you switch to the external camera, everything returns to normal.
I do not use graphics mode, everything is normal.Someone on the forum mentioned it before.Please do something about it, it spoils the fun of the game.
There is a possibility that it is the glass configuration as well. Maybe it's not 100% configured within the editing program, so it's stronger within the game.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.

Return to “Technical Problems”