Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

AlexxxF1

Re: Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

#11 Post by AlexxxF1 » 21 Nov 2022 22:40

first of all , I think adding winter would diversify the gameplay and allow DLC territories to be reused.
TexasWhirlwind

#12 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 21 Nov 2022 22:44

In the direction the game is heading: YES
In the length of time from map tap map release: NO
In release of game accessory mods for the game: NO
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
flight50

#13 Post by flight50 » 21 Nov 2022 23:20

automaton wrote: 21 Nov 2022 21:17 I agree with seriousmods. You can only go so far with adding every truck and every state. That'll get more people, yes, but more gameplay features will retain them. The game has been pretty lackluster when it comes to management gameplay, so I'd really love to see SCS focus on that in the foreseeable future.
As with most things, we all have opinions here. I can say the same about gameplay features...........they only go so far before they get stale. Lets say something like getting out the truck to pump gas. How many times will a person be willing to do that? It wears off eventually. There are several different types of players that play SCS games though. Some are map driven, some are feature driven, some are truck driven, some are mod or even cargo driven. Not everyone looks for the bells and whistles because currently, that is not what the game was sold as and guess what? People are still playing and buying. This person or that person leaves, another replaces them. Both features and components are necessary for longevity. Just depends on what a person seeks.

I can honestly tell you that if SCS stop making maps tomorrow and brought every feature people keep requestion here, I'm out. Features come free via updates. Paid dlc's is their business model, not features. That would all get super old for me because that is not why I got interested and involved to begin with. Of course its just my opinion as everyone has one. If the patience to develop new features isn't possible, its the wrong game for many people to begin with. The game is what it is with the hopes we get innovation. Expecting/demanding this new feature or that new feature it is where the disappoint lies. But getting it......... are bonuses to the games.

I am sure someone will twist my words and say that I am against features though. Not at all. I just don't think every feature that comes across this forum needs to be implemented. A fellow member here once mentioned something that stuck with me not to long ago. Our truck........that is our character. That is our person. Things pertaining to that truck, upgrades and updates to that truck in particular or the environment that effects that truck directly, those are the type of features I think should be targeted first. That's gameplay to me. The rest are at the back of the bus until priority things make its way thru to production first.

But to answer the question, yes I think its heading in the right direction compared to 2016 when I first started playing. Once the engine is updated, the picture will be clearer as we should get the possibility for more advancements. But what they update to is going to be critical to know what is possible and what is still limited.
Optional Features

#14 Post by Optional Features » 21 Nov 2022 23:24

AlexxxF1 wrote: 21 Nov 2022 22:40 first of all , I think adding winter would diversify the gameplay and allow DLC territories to be reused.
A seasons system (combined with traffic effects) would be a game changer, but I fear it would take a lot more effort to get right than a series of accessory nodes that hold cargo instead of lights.

But I could be wrong.
rookie31st wrote: 21 Nov 2022 22:23 I'm totally fine with the graphics, but gameplay stagnation is critical now for me. And no, the Photo Trophy is not a gameplay enhancement/improvement. Achievements for 10+ repetitive deliveries of some cargo that's super hard to find especially in the External Market are not just boring but repulsive. WoT in general is abandoned despite its insane potential for virtual trucking companies and players' collaboration.
I spent part of the past weekend hauling lowbed in another game. I had to first assemble the lowbed (which has a jeep, booster, folding neck, and stinger that can all be independently purchased and combined in whatever way suits the player best). Then I parked it so I could split it and still be able to reconnect. Loading the machine (maybe something that shouldn't be part of this game, but I would love it if it was) was another process. The machine wouldn't fit one direction, then wouldn't fit the other, and finally fit when I had it slightly raised on one side. And then there was the drive itself. Since the load could shift in transit, I had to be careful. There was even a perilous bridge crossing where I had thought I would be too tall, but just made it.

To me that's a far more meaningful experience than pulling up to a warehouse, toggling the job board, parking, and the load just appearing (regardless of what it is).

The "regardless of what it is" part bugs me more than anything. The process to haul gasoline shouldn't be identical to hauling an ag tractor or soybeans.
kaoicedearth

#15 Post by kaoicedearth » 22 Nov 2022 03:02

Calibuddy99 wrote: 20 Nov 2022 09:25 The graphics seriously DESPERATELY need fixing. We need DX12 support, and modifications to the way the graphic related things work; such as improving the overall quality of all graphics settings by a decent amount. What I would love is ray tracing, and DLSS 3. That would be awesome, but that won't happen at all. At least DX12 support and overall graphics quality will happen eventually.
I totally agree with your opinion. The game is already at its obsolete limit given the resources we have available on current computers. SCS urgently needs to update its engines to current computer configurations. Without that, there's no point in thinking about adding more and more Dlcs, accessories, mods, etc.
Onagerlinn

#16 Post by Onagerlinn » 22 Nov 2022 04:22

I'm okay with the direction of the game, but when it comes to actual gameplay, I'd like to see something of a more "hardcore" mode to the game, or more long-term goals. For example, say you start out as a brand new trucking school graduate, and now you go work for X company. You drive the truck they tell you to drive, haul what they tell you to haul, and go where they tell you to go. You can move up through the company and start getting more leeway in what you haul and where you go, or jump to another company altogether, until you get enough money to buy your own truck and go owner-op. As it is right now, it's too easy to breeze through the "grind" part of the game until you reach a point where you have millions of dollars, and you're basically just hauling stuff for the sake of hauling stuff.

I don't need to get out of my truck and walk around and stuff, but I'd like there to be more elements or layers to the actual advancement through the game.
Optional Features

#17 Post by Optional Features » 22 Nov 2022 04:36

Sounds similar to my career mode idea I shared here:

viewtopic.php?t=312393

Default trucking companies are a need, both as visible competition (so we aren't the only trucker in the game) and as a way to start out. Since there are so many Walberts in the game, it makes sense to me that that should be one of the let's say 8 companies that are seen on the roads, compete flr loads in the economy, and provide power-only loads for the loadboard.
Onagerlinn

#18 Post by Onagerlinn » 22 Nov 2022 06:28

@seriousmods that actually sounds pretty cool. That's a very in-depth career mode, and while perhaps a bit more "hardcore" than I would have gone, I'd definitely give it a try. I'd just really like to see more to the game--especially at the point where you have millions and millions of dollars, an entire fleet of trucks, and have discovered virtually the whole map--than just "use truck X to haul cargo Y from point A to point B".
HammerlaneHippie

#19 Post by HammerlaneHippie » 22 Nov 2022 07:57

Mostly, yes. However, as I am a resident of the state of Maine and at the age of 62, I wonder if they will get to my home state while I am still young enough to play the game. I kind of wish that they would start another version of the game, (i.e. ATS2), which focusses on the east coast, perhaps starting with New York and working both North and South from there. At the present time, they are building the states of the Great Plains. Very boring states for truckers. (I've driven through them) The Eastern seaboard states will be much more difficult to recreate because of the density of populated areas but I think that they would add much more to the game than the plains states.

Overall, I love this game. It is the absolute best driving sim that I have found. The reality factor is off the charts! Sometimes this game makes me want to get back out on the road in a semi again but I am a disabled veteran and when I recall all the BS of the real job... well, it just ain't gonna happen. As it is, I can play this game and keep it a game without it becoming a job. That is the principle reason that I do not join VTCs in Convoy.
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!
plykkegaard

#20 Post by plykkegaard » 22 Nov 2022 08:05

nodin747 wrote: 19 Nov 2022 09:59 What do you prefer in the game?
Maybe some evolution?

We are playing the same game as we did back in 2014 when ETS2 released
Yes visuals have changed but not the game play

Sorry but I am seriously bored these days
doing 65 mph through cities to a hint of excitement but this defies the purpose of the game and gets boring too

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “General discussion about the game”