AI are unrealistic when overtaking

CaptainFlint

AI are unrealistic when overtaking

#1 Post by CaptainFlint » 24 Dec 2014 20:32

Normally (IRL) when a driver is trying to overtake a slower vehicle, he falls behind it a little, then accelerates, so that his speed was comparable to that of the next lane's traffic, and then goes to the next lane to perform actual overtaking.

What I see in the ETS2: a car is going behind a slow truck/bus and decides to overtake it. It simply goes to the next lane (usually, right in front of me), just like that, without any change of speed. For about 4–5 seconds it continues to go at the same speed. I almost hear the driver thinking "oh, why did I just go here? I don't quite remember… seems I was trying to overtake this slow bus… well I'm not sure, should I or shouldn't I? what the cosmic meaning of that would be? maybe just go back and let pass this crasy trucker who is furiously beeping behind me, 'cause I blocked his lane… oh, what the hell, I think I'll overtake the bus anyway." And finally it starts to accelerate, overtakes the slow bus and returns to its original lane, leaving me to gaining my speed back, slowly and painfully with all those 25 tons behind me… That's very annoying. :)
plykkegaard

Re: AI are unrealistic when overtaking

#2 Post by plykkegaard » 24 Dec 2014 22:22

Sounds like RL to me :D

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
CYB34

#3 Post by CYB34 » 13 Jan 2015 10:08

plykkegaard wrote:Sounds like RL to me :D
QFT
I love retarded AI, it feels like real life.
SiSL
SCS Software

#4 Post by SiSL » 13 Jan 2015 10:43

You wanted retarded? Drive in multi-player mod.

AI is thousand times smarter than most there...
Reece

#5 Post by Reece » 13 Jan 2015 23:10

I agree with CaptainFlint, even in RL the person overtaking doesn't pull into the next lane and sit there for a few seconds before accelerating. :roll: I'd like to see them do that to a Police vehicle!! :shock:
plykkegaard

#6 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Jan 2015 23:32

Well overtaking does not give right for speeding
If I am doing a little above limit I am not accellerating if my back is clear
I don't pull out either if there's incomming traffic closing up

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Axel Slingerland

#7 Post by Axel Slingerland » 13 Jan 2015 23:50

In real life, if you don't like how the vehicles around you are driving, you can a) stop call a cab, b) find another route to drive on or c) resign yourself to the realities of life and live with it.

Unlike real life, in ETS2 if you don't like how the vehicles around you are driving, you can a) play a little game I call "AI Bowling" and run them off the road, b) save the game and reload, thus momentarily clearing the road of all traffic or c) edit the traffic_data.sii file and reduce the number of vehicles in traffic or remove all traffic.

The choice is yours. [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Reece

#8 Post by Reece » 14 Jan 2015 03:25

Remove all traffic!! Now there's an idea!! :mrgreen:
golcan

#9 Post by golcan » 14 Jan 2015 03:48

Hi,

Sometimes it happens that I'm on a two lane way, in the right lane. Then, I see a car coming at top speed in the left lane, but it starts to keep my speed when reached my position, and increases the speed again, but after many seconds.
Perhaps AI drivers are lost and try to ask us for the next city! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards.
Reece

#10 Post by Reece » 15 Jan 2015 01:09

The AI are like truck brakes - retarded! :lol:

Return to “Bugs 1.15”